Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods SBC mech fuel injection thottle linkage Hilborn 265-C-8E intake.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by camchuck, Nov 1, 2015.

1. camchuck

camchuck

Need help hooking up throttle. Replaced victor/holley intake with this. Been trying to locate pictures or parts to accomplish. I currently have cable linkage.

Attached Files:

2. oj

oj

You'll need a bellcrank to sit in the middle, left side. Your cable will pull an arm of the bellcrank and another arm will connect to the barrelvalve. You do realize your cable cannot pull back the throttle if it becomes hung up, right? I mention this because your avatar, NHRA requires a positive device to pull the linkage back, like a strap over the gas pedal, so if the linkage goes 'overcenter' and the spring dosn't return it you can lift up with your foot and pull it back. That can't happen with the type of cable you are using. That can only pull, it can't push.

loudbang likes this.
  3. One of these...
    hilborn-bellcrank.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  4. there is one on ebay....
    eBay item number:

5. camchuck

camchuck

Does anybody have a throttle setup picture on there car. Have come up with nothing. Can't even locate a bracket. I can't believe this is not common right?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  6. Gene Boul

Gene Boul

I had a hydraulic slave cylinder mounted (quick disconnect) on the valve cover. It was the one that had the companion piece (foot feed) on the floor. This idea is only meant for you to have additional things to consider. The master and slave connected with a rubber hose full of jack oil. Obviously not for part throttle...(circa 1975)

7. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Simply make a 1/8" plate mount that sandwiches between the stacks and manifold on #'s 5&7 and use the 4 stack screws to hold everything in place and mount the bellcrank to that. Those stacks being 1/8" to 3/16" taller makes "0" difference on the performance. Its a walk in the park compared to hooking up 8 injector castings for 4 engines and getting it to work

loudbang and RICH B like this.
  8. gibraltar72

gibraltar72
    from Osseo Mi.

Don't know where you are located. But if any sprint cars race near you find a sprint car guy and ask to look at his setup!

9. Avgas

Avgas

Alchy Digger is where l buy my injection pieces. Mike is knowledgeable and ok to deal with!

10. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

This is an older FI unit and the OP wants to work it from the left side. Some sprints run the arm off the shaft of the right side bank straight down to the foot peddle on the right hand side of the floor and some now have started to use push/pull cables(Morse style) mounted to the newer style FI manifolds that have provisions for it. I Could make this in about an afternoon if I had the unit here.

11. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

This will work but you still have to make the sandwich plate to mount the bellcrank because the older unit does not have the mounting tabs

12. camchuck

camchuck

DSCN2363.JPG

Attached Files:

13. pnevells

pnevells

I agree with suggetion to call Mikes Alky digger, he has everything you could need,We got all our injection parts from him for our altered. To get ideas download the Kinsler handbook/catelog, it has pictures of every concevible linkage for fuel injection

loudbang likes this.
  14. camchuck

camchuck

Looked at both sites and was not able to find what would work. Will have to call and see what they can find. Starting to look like a baby step process. Called control cables out in CA. for help also. Will see what happens.

15. camchuck

camchuck

Well got engine running and will idle. Wanted to make sure system going to work. Had to go though everything. Still working on throttle. Went though sites and just not seeing it. To expensive just to buy stuff and try it. Need to somehow make a mounting base for bell crank. I was hoping someone had old setup like I need to see

16. diceman

diceman

I don't know if you are still looking for a bracket for your bell crank or not, but I am in the process of converting an old Enderle unit to EFI. This is my solution. A piece of 3/16" aluminum plate and a couple of 1" aluminum spacers mounted on the two center manifold bolts. If you want me to I will take the bracket off and make some better pictures. 20160812_163251.jpg 20160812_163306.jpg 20160812_163319.jpg 20160812_163837.jpg