Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects A 1933 Ford 5w coupe from a 4 door sedan...

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Fordgasser1, Jun 4, 2011.

1. pumpman

pumpman

I'm curious, how did the sand get into the clutch area?

2. Cause he is in the Tornados! When they hit the sand stand back! Its about to start Flying! He did take out Mr. Bass!

3. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

I had starter issues with this motor(starter drive hanging up) and removed the small starter drive cover while screwing around with it. I put the cover back in place but its now missing..Must've came off during the ride down or on the beach..Getting on and off the beach course you have to go through real deep soft sand. Guess what? Tons of sand in the starter and clutch!..I mean PACKED in there!..I need to pull it apart,but there's an 1/8th mile drag race this sunday at E-town and I'm not missing it. I'll tear it apart after sunday because i am going to put the quickchange rear in it next the anyhow. The body is coming back off for model a rear crossmember modifications and i'll pull the trans then.

Thanks Jason..We did kick some butt this weekend..I am proud of how well it ran!hope to kick some more butt at Englishtown on Sunday..

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

What year rear axle are you running now George?

5. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

34 rear with 4:11 gears at the moment,Wyatt..I've got a 3:78 '40 rear and a rodsville QC center section that i'll be assembling soon,pics to follow..

6. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

Good luck this weekend, I'll be looking for updates and pics!

7. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Don't forget to get some pics from the strip for us dreamers.

8. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Hell yea George, beat that bitch like she owes ya money!

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  9. How'd you do at E town?

10. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Here's some shots from E-town on Sunday..weather was iffy in the morning but we got racing in the afternoon..Lots of cool rides and not-so cool rides but it was a great time all the same. Car ran great and went a few rounds before the clutch really gave up the ghost!.72 Mph in the 1/8th mile with alot of wheelspin at the launch. I'd love to put a real rear and sticky tires on this thing just to see what it'll do with some traction! Pulling the trans probably this week to put a new clutch in for Nostalgia Drags at ATCO Raceway in 2 weeks.
    Photos from Allen Dobbs Radphotography.smugmug.com site.
    The%20Digs%20at%20E-Town%20October%2025%202015%20148-XL.jpg The%20Digs%20at%20E-Town%20October%2025%202015%20205-XL.jpg The%20Digs%20at%20E-Town%20October%2025%202015%20326-XL.jpg

11. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

12. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

13. Man does that thing look bad ass on the track!

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  14. pumpman

pumpman

Thanks for the videos, sure wish we could have an up close one to hear that engine. I bet she sounds great!

15. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Thanks guys! The sound on the 1st video is screwed up so I had to shut it off. It sounds like nails scratching a chalkboard and you can't hear the flattie!

16. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your grandfather and father taught you well. Amazing job on this coupe.

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  17. Wow I was surprised to see you are selling this car looking forward to see what you are going to do next! Hobo Jim

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  18. Saw you have the coupe for sale, if I had the bucks I would be heading you way now! You want a 39 ford and a 51 chevy to trade???? just kidding my 11 year old would kill me if I traded of the 39 as he has already claimed it as his when he grows up......

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  19. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Thanks Baron!

If it goes,it goes..If not,thats OK too..I've got more to do to it..I just picked up a louver punch to do the louvers on the decklid,hood and roof insert..Quickchange rear too.
    Next build: I got the remains of a '33 Roadster headin my way! needs everything this one did so I can do this all over again! UGH!

Hey Jason..I'd love to see you in this car..I know it'll be in good hands!

wedjim likes this.
  20. Time to sell off the excess inventory! There may be a whole bunch of duece stuff for sale real soon....

21. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

oh, duece stuff? I might be interested in bartering a bit for duece parts. pm me!

22. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

Should sell really quick at that price. Well worth the money. Can't wait to see what you do next.

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  23. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

You're car is sick would love to have 9t I think it will be talked about for years more door turned into something great! Have to post this pic snowed today 3w was outside didn't have a chance to but inside yet lol! I'm sure it's seen snow before!!! Lol!

Attached Files:

slv63, Fordgasser1, wedjim and 2 others like this.
  24. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

Somebody roll the window up! Lol!!!

roundvalley likes this.
  25. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This may be my new Christmas card picture this year !

Merry Christams 34 Ford.jpg

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  26. dieselbronco

dieselbronco
    from jamesburg

Nice George ton of work.

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  27. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Lots of interest Ray,but no takers..After much dilema in my screwed up mind,I've decided to finish the car over the winter..

Thanks Jim!

28. I think you have made a good decision you know what you have and the craftsmanship looks awesome also I am looking forward to more fab work to follow during the winter while I'm working on mine!

Fordgasser1 and Runnin shine like this.
  29. mike bowling

mike bowling

Jeezus, George, that friggin thing goes like a bat outa hell on the strip!! ( not too shabby in the sand either).Great videos.
    TROG was a blast, great meeting you in person, and hope to cross paths if you do come north.
    Good luck with that "Torrnados" crew; insanity and creativity, mixed with a boatload of talent makes them quite the bunch of bananas! Glad you're keeping the coupe! " The Old Man"

Attached Files:

Fordgasser1 likes this.