Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest George Barris...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 5, 2015.

1. autobilly

autobilly

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

His passing was noted on a spot on CBS' Sunday Morning program yesterday. Nicely done. Anyone else see it? Gary

3. 32 bowtie

32 bowtie

Another legend of the hobby gone. RIP Mr. Barris !!

4. al_inbancroft

al_inbancroft

Rest in Georgie. And thanks for everything.
    Sincerely,
    The Martins.

5. flattandscruggs1

flattandscruggs1
    from alabama

good morning my friends i want to share something with you richard fuezolzer was a great friend of george barrris for over twenty years he has been sharing photos of pics that he took of george barris on his facebook page and you might to share these photos with your friends and family.here is the link.be sure to add you as a friend on facebook.
    https://www.facebook.com/richard.fu...83273935341.1073742174.100000010372380&type=3
    thanks your friend ;-)

Allen Flattandscruggs1
    illinois

6. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

Had a buddy, who after getting out of the Army, went to work at George's shop. It was not a question of "can it be done" but when will it be completed, how much time did it take, and how much material did it use. He was replacing a quarter panel on a car and the shop foreman gave him two sticks of lead and told him, "if you use more, it is coming out of your pocket". The main focus of the overall shop was the quality of work and work being on schedule. There was a saying around the shop, "custom work done on schedule, not by chance". He work there for three years before coming back East and opening up his own shop, but only part-time.
    When I was a kid, I checked out a small red book, written by George Barris on how to customize cars, from the base library, had George sign it at a large car show in Boston, MA and never return it. The base as since closed and I guess they wanted me to keep the book. I did like his earlier work but not all of the Hollywood type cars.

7. hellerlj

hellerlj
    from Minnesota

I lived 15 minutes from his shop for years, always fun to see what might
    be out back being worked on...even the slow years, when it was mostly
    awful Pimp Cars, Lincolns with RR Grilles and leather straps on the truck scan0003.jpg scan0003.jpg
    lid...he just kept on going...One thing many don't realize, is he many a lot
    of his money on Books and How To's, you couldn't open any Hot Rod or
    Truck magazine, with out seeing a full page ad of How To Customize Your
    Van or ???????? He made a mark in Hot Rod and Custom History...he will
    be missed.....NOW...Don't we all wish we would have bought one of his
    sweatshirts or other items....???????

8. hudson48

hudson48

In todays newspaper, The Courier Mail, Brisbane Queensland Australia is an obituary to George .I think that this ia amazing that he gets a mention in a run of the mill newspaper over here. Must be a car nut somewhere who submitted this.

Attached Files: