Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Your 2 car garage....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loveoftiki, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Now that is a different assortment, not brand loyal, I see. :rolleyes::D

2. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

11903941_10204467654431967_6264509852772350925_n.jpg This in my brother in laws back yard. Almost done. My BIL is cool!

BLUSHU, papacub, ct1932ford and 15 others like this.
  3. Fedman

Fedman

Your BIL has really good taste! What a great view to have in your back yard.

papacub likes this.
  4. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I would think to be a BIL he better be cool.

5. bobw

bobw

[​IMG]
    My 2 car garage with eight little cars in it.

6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

this needs one of those air hoses stretched across the drive with a bell on the other end..ding, ding.;):)

7. Adran

Adran

My garage started off life as a classic 1920s single car configuration. Over its lifetime, it has had 2 separate additions made to it, one of which was used as a cheap living space. As a result, I've got one concrete bay I can park my Fairlane in. The other 2/3 of the workspace is all raised wood floors with quite a few holes and missing boards. Walking across the mixture of broken hardwood, plywood, and other worn composites, the whole building shakes. The corner with the air compressor is about to collapse in. I know there are a few groundhogs living underneath the floor in the back, which you see crawling out every once in a while to forage for food. When it rains, the sheathing is soaked, and you find mysterious little puddles all over the place. The rot is slowly overwhelming the entire structure, with one particular back corner decaying into the ground at an alarming rate. The vinyl siding may be a supporting structural component. The bay door is comprised of rotted out plywood and 2x4s, and is secured with a padlock worth many times more than the latch it holds closed. The entire front wall of the building, door and all, will sway in and out several inches if shaken by hand. The other door mostly works, but doesn't have a key to it, and so can only be unlocked from the inside, requiring entrance through the front bay. There are two functioning electrical outlets in the whole building, one of which will usually work if jiggled the right way. There are no lights or even light switches, just disconnected fixtures and remnants of stripped out wiring. The main line running to the building has succumbed to the daily traffic of squirrels, and remains in service only with a healthy helping of electrical tape. The building leans several inches to the left, but only in the front portion. It seems it was already this way when they decided to build the addition onto the rear, which is more or less square. There is an unused cinderblock chimney constructed in the middle of the work area. A lone disused gas line protrudes from the concrete, begging you to trip over it. The current pad was actually poured on top of the original, and is bisected by a large crack... and one side, if you look at it closely, is now resting at a very different angle from the other.

Frankly, I love my garage. The local flora seems to love it, too.

IMG_3766.JPG

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    Model T1 and lawman like this.
  8. cs39ford

cs39ford

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    As you can see the more room you have the faster it will fill up for sure. And winter is coming so there getting full

9. You have no idea how quickly that can happen!! I bought 17 acres and my "collection" is rapidly growing!!

falcongeorge likes this.
  10. robracer1

robracer1

11. chop job

chop job
    from Wisconsin
    1. WISCONSON HAMBERS

12. TLDLTD

TLDLTD

13. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

I wish I had a two car garage. This is my half of a shared garage that's about three cars wide, so I have about a 1 1/2 car garage. It's in the middle of some remodeling, and it's time to mothball the Chevy for the winter.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1446703176.837306.jpg

mgtstumpy and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  14. billyboy132

billyboy132

My british 2 car garage. Ground level is lower round the back of the house than the front. So the garage is underneath my living room. Our Drag car lives in its trailer on the driveway and we swap cars around as required to work on them. I am lucky in that I have a pointless room in the house next to the garage which gives access to the garage and conservatory. We dont really use the conservatory so the extra room is used as a stores for parts etc. and the conservatory has been turned into a greenhouse!! IMG_1595.JPG IMG_1596.JPG

15. Model T1

Model T1

One of the best garage descriptions here. That garage is gonna outlast me.;)

Have any of you considered what you're gonna do with all that crap IF you move? We bought a small home and a 20X20 garage last Oct. Still haven't moved anything so can't list this five acres. No one has any money. Don't wanna scrap it all. And don't trust E-Bay or Mr Craig.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  16. Fingers

Fingers

I have about 30 cars here on 3/4 acre (mostly O/T) It happens quickly

17. Landmule

Landmule
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

18. Well.....gotta bump this back up again...great thread...was lucky as the guy backed out last year...but he sees the high prices on stuff and the area we are in isn't getting better, it's getting worse, he's 63 years old, ripped my heart out to pull up Monday and see the For Sale sign up there...worse yet I stopped in to grab something for my Truck today and he was in there on "his side" cleaning up because he was showing the building this afternoon....went home worked on the F100 and did some measuring. My door is 16 ft wide and I know they will both "go in" if I clear everything out. I guess at that time I will try to figure out what goes where and how to get in and out of, cars and in and out the tight driveway along my house.....this sucks!

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  19. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

20. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

21. Well, sucks to be sure but you lasted over a year. I don't think I'd wait too much longer. You COULD end up moving on someone else's timeline and not your own.
    Any room for a small shed right next door to the garage? Get a shed close enough and in the right spot and you can put your compressor and a couple other large items in it and plumb them into the garage. Saves alot of room AND makes it quieter in the shop.

22. sideswipe

sideswipe

my dad's. most disorganized man ever. haha

Attached Files:

• merc.jpg
      merc.jpg
      File size:
      108.8 KB
      Views:
    509garyd likes this.
  23. sideswipe

sideswipe

...his other garage. this used to be a good running kustom. she has been dormant for 16 years now. like I said before, disorganized. don't worry...we got plans for her.

Attached Files:

509garyd likes this.
  24. sideswipe

sideswipe

my stuff. if I had a bigger garage I would have another car. ha

Attached Files:

509garyd likes this.
  25. Hutch built

Hutch built

Here is my two car garage. I have tools in front of tools, some on wheels and others in old large lathe chucks that mack it easy to roll around. The stands have receivers that I can interchange different tools.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SPH-L720T using H.A.M.B. mobile app

mgtstumpy, BLUSHU, nunattax and 2 others like this.
  26. texag09

texag09

The biggest help I have noticed was going away from boxes or work benches and hanging tools on the wall. Easier to organize and maximizes floor space. I also am in the process of removing all the dry wall allowing for more wall storage and storage in the rafters above.

Garage 1.jpg

27. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

to keep yer shop LIGHT, be shure to paint the rafters and their floor boards WHITE [ makes the shop lighter by distributin the light better -- oh, and SKYlights make a HUGE difference -- especially them that "open" w a crank -- helps to ventilate ;)

28. BradinNC

BradinNC

Is that an American Pacemaker lathe? I have an 18 x 54 model. They are built like a tank.

509garyd likes this.