Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The EUROPEAN DEUCE thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57snrf, Apr 8, 2015.

1. 57snrf

57snrf
    from California

Amazing, they are still out there... Thanks Tomas.
    Miryam Letorey's bone stock Tudor in good company:
    1010c-letorey.jpg

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. 57snrf

57snrf
    from California

From the Planetmotherfuckers blog
    1094-PlanetMFs.JPG

elgringo71 likes this.
  3. 57snrf

57snrf
    from California

Gary Kybert's "Deuce" (actually a British '34 with the requisite skirted fenders)
    1016c-kybert-b.jpg

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. 57snrf

57snrf
    from California

From the Planetmotherfuckers blog 1064h-planetMFs.jpg

volvobrynk likes this.
  5. elgringo71

elgringo71

Did they ever build any coupes or roadsters over there? If so maybe the the sedans were more popular because they could carry more people.

6. 57snrf

57snrf
    from California

Coupes and roadsters came from North America, as far as I know. These two models were identical to the models sold in the U.S. and Canada (except for a few details such as lights)

volvobrynk likes this.
  7. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

To the best of my knowledge all coupe's and roadsters where all stock, send in from the from over seas.
    There was a very small number of coach build sedan delivery. But they where on a special order. Some of them where sedan with a plate in place of rear windows and a door at the rear. But that depend on the company choosen to do the work.

Most truck was delivered as cowl builds, and 60% of all pick ups around to this day is a local coach build on a sedan frame or a converted sedan. But a lot of then was a plan to prolong the life span of an old car, some of them was DD way in to the 70s/80s. Because new cost a shit load to import.

8. Mean Lean

Mean Lean

Here is my Deuce, no one said it should all be Fords...

[​IMG]

Ned Ludd and volvobrynk like this.
  9. elgringo71

elgringo71

Thanks for the information, that is one thing that I love about the HAMB. There is a wealth of information here and people that are willing to share it.

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. 57snrf

57snrf
    from California

The '32 Ford is on the road since Friday. (In case you missed the previous episodes: I bought this '32 sedan in France - see Page 1 of this topic... Only 2 exist in the U.S. as far as I know). Went to Ruby's cruise night in Redondo Beach on Friday afternoon. Nonstop flow of people for 2-1/2 hours, who asked a ton of questions. People seemed to enjoy the car. Drove it for a few hours on Saturday. It drives pretty good for an 83-year old car!
    1000-nnc.jpg

11. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Been meaning to ask you this for a while.
    Weather being what it is in Europe and Scandanavia; do you know if the Pines Winterfront grilles were being used there.
    Wouldn't you just love to run into a stash of them in some old parts store there.
    Keep those photos coming, really enjoy this thread you started and your contributions.

12. 57snrf

57snrf
    from California

Thanks Denny!
    Never seen pictures of '32 from Europe with Pines grilles. But they might have existed there.
    Enthusiasts from Scandinavia might be able to answer the question though.

13. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Where I come from they are/very rare. Never ever ever saw one pre-hamb!

The most common upgrade for that here in rural Denmark for the poor farmers and other people that could scrape the cash together for a car, would be something called a a Radiator-curtin. It was something like a roll - up cuts in in your bedroom. Its activated by a wire pull under the dash. When pulled it blocks the air flow for the radiator, in 3 or 4 steps.

Later it was common to install an aftermarket water heater and a blow - true on the exhaust. For extra heating.

14. 57snrf

57snrf
    from California

Model B & Model A photographed in the UK. Interesting to see the size of each car.
    5022-A&B.jpg

volvobrynk likes this.
  15. 57snrf

57snrf
    from California

Nice Tudor seen in France. Headlights might me specific to the French market in '32
    5028-LesChev.jpg

16. 57snrf

57snrf
    from California

From the Swedish Street Rod Association Facebook page
    1088h-SSRA.jpg

derthor likes this.
  17. lil32b

lil32b
    from Belgium

Anyone noticed this ???
    After owning my euro sedan about 10 years, i noticed with welding the spare tyre hole in my left fender, that if you got a fender with spare tyre in it, both the fenders are different, the sweep of the spare tyre fender is other than the non spare type, there wher two options for spare tyre place, in the fender or on the back of the body, mostly euro's i;ve seen has them in the fender.
    Difference in sweep is also 29102011573.jpg IMG_5081.JPG seen in posts #314 -#315
    So in search for a left front fender without the spare tyre hole :)

18. 57snrf

57snrf
    from California

Interesting info, Filip!
    On another note, picture of the Barbereau family's Tudor:
    1014-YoanManoury.jpg

19. lil32b

lil32b
    from Belgium

Did anyone here who owns a euro '32 welded the spare tyre hole shut ?

20. lil32b

lil32b
    from Belgium

Another view... image.jpg

21. k32t

k32t
    from Hog town

dual glove box cool

volvobrynk likes this.
  22. 57snrf

57snrf
    from California

Photographed in France years ago, a shortened truck that clearly started as a Tudor
    5026-Vigouroux.jpg

23. reefer

reefer

This one has just come up for sale..... image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Sorry about the double post.....
    Check out the headlights,the raised louvred hood sides,the side lamps,the semaphores.the skirted front fenders...lots of little differences.btw. It's up for £16,000 if anyone is interested.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  24. 57snrf

57snrf
    from California

British '33 "Deuce", correct? Interesting to see the skirted fenders, straight headlight bar, different bumper, different lower body and windshield.

25. reefer

reefer

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I'm told it is a 34"

26. GeeRam

GeeRam

Earlier this year, there was a 32 Vicky for sale here in UK, mint stocker, one family owned since new with documentation going back to the supplying Ford dealership in Essex, original RHD in Winterleaf Brown and was up for sale for quite a while. I'm assuming this would have been an imported body, being a Vicky?
    I also know of an original 32 frame in store in the UK, that has 'Made in Germany' stamped into it.

27. elgringo71

elgringo71

Do you remember how much the Vicky was? I would love to see pictures of it.

28. 57snrf

57snrf
    from California

Yes, I'm pretty sure Vickys (Vickies?) would have been imported from North America. And regarding the "Made in Germany" chassis: They seem to be common on European Deuces, my car being an example.

29. 57snrf

57snrf
    from California

I took the '32 for a spin yesterday/today. Went to a local Breakfast Cruise (Torrance) on Saturday. Also got to visit a couple of private (hot rod) collections in the South Bay Saturday/Sunday.
    Took this picture on Sunday in Palos Verdes. Faraway to the right: Malibu. Car is great to drive. Special Thanks to Charles Franklin @ Vintage V8 Restoration for his excellent job!
    1002d.jpg

30. GeeRam

GeeRam

I searched for it yesterday hoping it was still for sale, but it's not listed now, so I'm guessing it's been sold. Stupidly, I should have downloaded the photos and cut n pasted the history of it. I can't remember exactly how much it was - it wasn't cheap. It was over £30k.....was either £34995 or £39995........but I can't be sure now.

elgringo71 likes this.