Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Jalopyrama Reunion 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lothiandon1940, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Right on Don !! But how ? I'd like to think it got taken down, folded up and someone couldn't resist. I hope it's not a Hamber. NO likes for you. Fess up!!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. oj

oj

If its a HAMBr it'll get returned and done proudly without guilt or remorse.

hrm2k and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

I hope so. Keep the faith.

4. TigerFan

TigerFan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Athens, GA

DSC00895.JPG
    Anyone know if a HAMBer owns this T RPU? I love it, and I'd like to learn more about it.

5. Genes12320

Genes12320

Travis Boston's truck. I am not sure if he is on here. I will find out.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    TigerFan likes this.
  6. Clark

Clark

Tigerfan....there is a build thread on Travis' T rpu. His hamb name is 1life2live. What do you want to know, I helped him build it.

hrm2k and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. Clark's being modest. I counted at least 5 cars there that he either built or had a hand in building. There may have been more that I wasn't aware of.:)

Clark, wraymen and greasemonkey54 like this.
  8. ...............................Thanks, It's called "frozen".:D

kidcampbell71 and hrm2k like this.
  9. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I heard they were going to have a Bad Donkee / Clark Bates row. Lots of their work there

Clark and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. How many others besides yours did you count there?

11. It would be kinda cool to get a picture or two of each one posted on this thread either by the owner, by Clark or by anyone else.

Clark likes this.
  12. The pale green '32 5 window from Delaware, the hrm2k "Tee", the burgandy (shiny paint) '28-'29 Sport Coupe from Yorktown, Va., the flattened burgandy? '37 Ford Coupe, Travis' T RPU above. How many others can folks think of? Post up pics.:D

greasemonkey54 likes this.
  13. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

mine, Travis's roadster, the brown Y block Roadster, The Gentleman's coupe, Billy's Myer's little black roadster modified with the flathead, The black coupe with the big V8 on the side...........I know there are more but I can't get my mind working. I think I counted 12 or so when I was there

YEah, the burgundy coupe from Virginia, John Peter's 37 Ford

14. .................I had forgotten about the Y-Block Roadster. I love that car. And I had forgotten that they did the paint work on the Gentleman's Coupe? Right?

15. ..................................................That's pretty darn impressive, really.

hrm2k likes this.
  16. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

My Blue Suede Deuce 5 wdw was built by BadDonkeeBoys too!

17. TigerFan

TigerFan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Athens, GA

Clark and Travis:

I'll PM you so I don't hijack this thread. However, if folks do want to post more of Clark's work, I'd love to see it!

In my eyes, that RPU is one of the best looking hot rods I recall ever seeing.... Just awesome.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  18. ...........................Dang, Mike, how could I have forgotten yours?:confused:;)..............and Mike Sholley did the interior if I remember correctly.

19. ............................Don't worry about hijacking the thread. Now that the show is past it's just a thread to have some additional fun with. :D;).......Don.

20. Clark

Clark

Yea....I was lucky to have a few cars that I built , restored or did work on.
    Bill Tower's sage green 32 five window....it was the original Gentleman's coupe. Not to be confused with the model A from Virginia

Bill also had a 32 roadster with a Hemi that needs finished and we'll be doing that before Detroit ...did a few small things before the show but not much. He bought it the way it sits.

Hrm2k's T coupe

Scott's 29 sport coupe....maroon in color

Billy Meekin's 23 T track roadster...black number 46

Travis's Model T Rpu. ...green

Mike Szuba's ...blue 32 coupe

Big John Peters. ...flat maroon 37 Ford Coupe

Norm Heathcote's ...34 restored 5 window

Jay Fitzhugh. ...32 3 window....I only did some final fabrication and assembly on it. Jay had a lot of really great people work on his car

I think that's it

21. Clark

Clark

The brown y block roadster was built by Johnny Schuhart...great car but I can't take any credit.
    Clark

22. TigerFan

TigerFan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Athens, GA

Well, I guess it's not hijacking if the original poster says it's OK...

Clark, I saw a photo somewhere--maybe on the HAMB---that gave a glimpse of the structure and body under the interior, especially behind the rear seat. The first thing I was curious about was getting a better view of how that was arranged, and perhaps some idea of how it was built. I seem to recall it looked like it had a 1" square tubing framework, and I need some ideas to conceptualize a structure the rear of my T in the same area. Any photos or thoughts you could share?

I'm also curious about the body overall, and the mods you did, again, especially in the back behind the seat.

Thanks a million.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  23. Clark

Clark

Tigerfan. ..I think the structure is 3/4 but could be 1 inch. The middle was easy to bend to get a slight arch up and back. The corners were pics cut and welded they had to taper into the thickness already on the sides. Vertical bars are just for the seat.

The truck was the front half of a tub. The corners were made using a hood from the 40s, Mopar I think. The back is just sheet stock. We had to roll the bead into the top edge. Not sure of any measurements. We just added a little for room and leaned the back just a little to make it look right

Hope that helps
    Clark

24. Thanks, Clark, for the clarifications. Nice work on all of the above.

25. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

Did the banner get returned yet?

26. ..............I don't think so..........:(

27. Clark

Clark

Thanks

28. TigerFan

TigerFan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Athens, GA

Clark:

Did you roll the bead at the top of the new panel in the back, and then weld a lip on it?

29. Clark

Clark

We rolled the bead in with a little extra metal on the top. Then trimmed it right to the top edge of the bead. Then it was welded directly to the tubing. It may not have been the best way but it worked with very little warping.

30. TOE

TOE

kidcampbell71 and lothiandon1940 like this.