Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage RWYB-Reynolds, GA Dec. 5, 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, May 11, 2015.

1. BAD A

BAD A

I canceled my motel room. But if the weather changes. We are still coming. And will just find a room, somewhere Friday night, on the way down.

2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Prolly the smart thing to do. I'm gonna be honest, the forecasts tonight haven't chaned from this am. Still one weather site saying 90% rain and the other saying 65% and if that doesn't improve by tomorrow evening , then I will only go as far as getting stuff ready to load till I see an improvement. If it doesn't improve by midday Fri. I'll likely not load up.And all that is also contingent on what Ed does.

3. Whelp guys, I too agree we are gonna see some moisture. My forecast for Saturday shows 30% chance in the morning until 2 pm. Then it goes to 70% from then until 6 pm when it goes to 90%. After 8 pm it goes back to 70% chance then down to 50% chance on Sunday am.
    I'll be there regardless :cool: ...

4. BAD A

BAD A

I am still loaded up. All I need to do, is back up to the trailer. If in is still calling for rain in Reynolds. We are going to bowling green, to test the truck. I have made so many changes, to the truck. And I have not, had good tires on it. I am dying to test it out. I ran it with street tires, a couple of weeks ago. Just to get some shake down runs. To see if everything, was OK. Checking for leaks, making sure the tranny was OK, and no rear end problems. So I can't wait, to see what she will do with good tires.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

if you do go, need to take pics & post here

6. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I agree on the pics at Bowling Green, and I'm sure there'll be plenty of pics taken @ Reyolds if we get to run.
    Weather forecast changed only slightly for Sat. @ Reynolds. One weather site @ 80% all day Sat. the other weather site 65% all day.
    If I can reach Ed, I'll post his comments here, but to me it doesn't look good at all.

7. BAD A

BAD A

I still have hopes, that we will get to come, to Reynolds.

8. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Just called Ed, he says since there are championships and cash money awards involved in the Jr Dragster runoffs and other big prizes for their Super Gas and Super Street races, track policy will apply in that a decision on their events will be made tomorrow @ 6:00pm and then announced. Their race, if rescheduled will be either 11/28 or 12/5.
    For our RWYB, however, we have the choice in that we can ride it out and hope for a break in the weather ( which I doubt happening) with the current schedule, or we can elect to reschedule for either Sat. 11/28/15 or Sat 12/5/15, completely independent of what the other guys do.
    We need input on this ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a decision for one person, we all have a voice in this. My personal thoughts lean towards a postponment to 11/28 or 12/5. Since 11/28 is right behind Thanksgiving when many people are taking family trips, 12/5/15 might be the best.
    PLEASE POST YOUR THOUGHTS, AND IDEAS.

PS I'll be talking to Ed again tonight..

9. My vote is 12/5 since I can't make 11/28 due to a wedding.

10. BAD A

BAD A

Mine would also be 12/5/2015. But!!!!! I would need to talk to the wife. Since our Anniversary is on December 2nd. Not sure if she already has plans for us. What are the temp's like, that time of year down there?

11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I'll have to do some research on temps, but shouldn't be too bad on average. Will post later on that. Ed just called me back and the Super Gas, Super Street, and Jr. dragsters have asked for a postponement till 12/5/15.

12. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

I vote for Dec 5th. I'm not I can make it but I definitely cannot make Nov 28th.

13. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

12-5 works for me

14. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

15. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Just looked @ Accuweather .com at long range forecast for weekend of 12/5/15 and they are predicting mid 40s @ night and mid 50s day and cloudy.

16. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

'Just looked @ Accuweather .com at long range forecast for weekend of 12/5/15 and they are predicting mid 40s @ night and mid 50s day and cloudy."

Hell they can't get 3 days out correct most of time.

17. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

So what else can I do? If you know how to check average weather conditions for a certain location and date, then please enlighten me.

18. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Nobody can get it right. Heard farmers almanac is almost as good as all the computers they use.

19. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

Just cancelled my hotel room, I will try and make it whenever you reschedule the show. I don't want to pull 400 miles and not get to run. Sounds like it needs to be rescheduled.

GAOldsman likes this.
  20. I might be able to make it on the 12/5 date. Slim chance on 11/28.

21. I should be able to make it on the 5th - might be testing the new engine then :cool:

GAOldsman and stealthcruiser like this.
  22. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

THX, If we do postpone and Reschedule, I'll attempt to change title of thread to reflect change. Should know for sure later today. Looking more and more like 12/5

23. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

12/5 will work for me.

24. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

I would love it if the temps are in the 50's then, mine runs better in the cooler temps.

25. http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/l/USGA0472:1:US Click on the 5th
    Any chance in trying to get any others from the SEG to come :cool:

26. Average temps 35* Lows and 61* Highs

27. captmullette

captmullette

12/5 fine.....what ever is good for the everybody......................

28. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Well OK, I'll change the first post and the title of this thread.

29. BAD A

BAD A

So it is on for December 5th. Time for more trash talking.:)

30. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

Who is running a six cylinder that wants to line up with me?