Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1965 Coronet W11 How Rare?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porkshop, Oct 31, 2015.

1. I have pretty much all the correct date coded parts for it, motor trans bellhousing n such. just a couple hours south of ya.

2. Well there are no factory adjustable rockers for a wedge unless you find them from a max wedge. I like the Harland Sharp rockers for them personally and they are definitely expensium.

That said if I was building a b motor for a MOPAR I would just bite the bullet and pay what I had to. You can't do everything on a budget.

3. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

message me your number and price we will talk

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

They weren't OEM application, but Mopar Performance/Direct Connection sold ductile iron adjustable rockers under PN4120974. I should actually try google searching the part number, I just looked on the Mancini site and they didn't have them so I assumed they weren't available anymore.

5. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

George I just googled the part# and they show up for about 350.00 a set

6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I'll try that, thanks Porkshop!

7. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, talk about crossin the center line, this topic's gettin derailed hardcore. Toss a 400 based low RPM stroker in there and have a ball. Dress it with old school do-dads and you'll have to beat the Mopar faithful off with a stick! Hell a simple single 4 BBL 383 would rock your world too. Had one in a 70 Cuda and it would go up in smoke in 2nd gear no matter how good I launched it. Had L-60 Mickey Indys on the back which didn't help a bit. Still, when I ran it hard it was a lot of fun. Had a TM-6 intake, "off the shelf" no name headers (were new when I bought it), a Holley 780 and 3.55 rear gears. Ran 14.20s at 109 MPH, but even at the track I'd have to be ready for 2nd gear and tire smoke. WTF did I know, I was just a punk ass painter with a kool car back then. Frankly, ANY big block engine out there playing today is gonna raise a lot of eye brows. This an LS, EFI, computer and AOD world today. That big stuff we've always loved is foreign now. GO FOR IT!!!

brad2v and kidcampbell71 like this.
  8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Totally agree on the 383. Guys really under-rate them. And good RB cores are big money nowadays. For every 440 Chrysler turned out in the late sixties, they built 100 383's.

brad2v likes this.
  9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

"I love it when a plan comes together" ----Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith.
    You must me slowin up George, I just thought I'd see if you could think straight after ratt'ln off all those part numbers! Hell, yer slower en' Junior Samples.
    You only got away with it this long cuz I've been on plane as in "itsdaplaneboss".
    EDIT------Oh, I forgot, I got some 1/4 mile seat time in that SS/D (stick) Belvedere. Not as a driver, just as right side weight balancer.
    At 17 years old and 8 grand plus; when the "Stones" hook, it's all the same, noth'n but headliner.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    falcongeorge likes this.
  10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I'm gonna blame it on the flu! I figured it was a typo, and must be RB-549. I was wracking my brains there for a while trying to figure it out!:rolleyes:
    I remember a red hemi stick '66 belvedere with aluminum slots that showed up at Mission around '77 but I think it might have had a factory cross-ram on it, that was a long time ago, and my memory is fading...

11. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

What's the symbol for laughing out loud...........nevermind.

12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Somewhere I have a B&W proof sheet with a tiny little photo of that belvedere on it, I will see if I can find it. When the light FINALLY went on, I had a pretty good laugh at myself...

13. earlymopar

earlymopar

I understand someone has made reproductions of these air cleaners. Do any of you know who the source is?

Thanks much,

EM

14. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I have heard there are actually two versions by two different guys, fiberglass ones that are not super expensive, and some steel re-pops that are indistinguishable from originals at $700+ a pair. I had a link to a thread on the steel ones on my old computer, I'll see if I can find that info again.

15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

If you scroll down a bit, theres an email here for the guy who does the steel ones.
    https://www.chryslerclub.org/reproduction.html

16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

17. earlymopar

earlymopar

18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Your welcome. Both of those emails are pretty old. Let me know if you have any luck.

19. saltracer219

saltracer219

Sorry for jumping in late as I just came across this thread. I believe the correct shifter is the Hurst with the long curved swan neck handle. I have an old buddy who bought a 65 Coronet in 67 or early 68 with a factory 4 speed bench seat. He still owns the car and it is unchanged except for a change to a 440 a few years back.

slowmotion likes this.
  20. david williams

david williams

I just recently saw a coronet for the first time earlier this year, I also just hauled a 71 elcamino out of a mopar graveyard roadrunners cudas all kinda stuff just rotting away

21. what Salt Racer said.....

22. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Got off "daplane" last pm, now I can chat again, long story.
    Not sure what Belvedere you are referring to George; I don't think that the one I was involved with ever went farther north than SIR.
    The car was sponsored by Baxter Auto Parts (Portland).

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  23. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I was sort of wondering if it might be the same car, there aren't a lot of '66 Hemi 4 speed sedans around. I haven't found the proof sheet yet, then again, I haven't looked that hard.

24. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

After I left the scene; I heard the car was sold (less engine IIRC), and get this: the car got a 318 transplant. Can you imagine going to look at some old Belvedere for sale and seeing those HEMI badges.

25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Too funny. I have been looking for this proof sheet for months, that thread on Ford 9"s got me to dig out my old Hollander exchange, found it tucked between the pages on Ford rear-ends!
    Is this the car by chance? This is the old Mission track, 1977, at the time this photo was taken, this car was red, and had a cross-ram hemi and a stick. Only time I ever saw this car at Mission, and I was there a LOT in those days. Because I'd never seen it before, I assumed it was from elsewhere. Think it was running low 11's?
    66 plymouth.jpg

Phillips likes this.
  26. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

George
    The car I was involved in was kind of a medium plum red, IIRC it was an OEM color.
    To my knowledge the owner did not take it to Mission, I suppose the new owner may have.
    I don't recall whether the new owner got the Hemi with the car.
    It had a factory Mopar fiberglass hood scoop, but I recall hearing at that time that it probably would not be allowed in (competitive) NHRA S/S racing. I'm pretty sure it had Cragars on it also.

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Medium Plum red would be QQ-1. One of my favorite Mopar colours, nice! The '66 383 four speed Coronet 440 I looked at was QQ-1. The car in the photo above was PP-1 Bright Red, and I remember looking under the hood, the engine compartment was also PP-1, so it was probably not re-painted. Keep in mind, this was 1977, which is before the days of rotisserie chalk mark restos on Hemi cars. I would say it was not the same car. Interesting, because I also know of ANOTHER factory hemi 4 speed PP-1 '66 Plymouth sedan that was here in the NW, so that makes at least 3 '66 2 dr sedan, hemi 4 speed Plymouths here in the PNW.

28. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Now in the classifieds....