Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Unknown Photo ID?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hookedtrout, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Hookedtrout

Hookedtrout
    from East Idaho

unknown photo 001.jpg Hopefully this is an ok post, if not please report and have it deleted. I found this photo in my late fathers personal belongings. Trying to identify who the singer is or what this photo is, by the gear the guys are wearing I'm almost thinking motorcycle race but I'm not sure. I don't see any helmets or bikes? Anyway if anyone has any idea's I love to hear them. Thanks

302GMC likes this.
  2. Looks like she's singing the national anthem.

3. 117harv

117harv

It's a motorcycle flat track race, see starting gate in the air. The singer as stated is more than likely singing the anthem, she could just be a local celeb, but maybe not.

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I'll third the motorcycle races. I'll venture to guess indoor flat track

volvobrynk likes this.

5. aaggie

aaggie

Definitely indoor short track, looks like concrete surface as well. I was a legend in my own mind in those days running a 250CC Bultaco Sherpa S.

leadfootloon and volvobrynk like this.
  6. Yep probably a flat track judging by the leathers and the gal is some old hyde that they called on for window dressing.

I am thinking '70s by the hair cuts, but I am not recognizing any of the fellas in leathers. So it is probably sportsman and local racing.

volvobrynk likes this.
  7. Hookedtrout

Hookedtrout
    from East Idaho

Thanks for the input, he lived in Washington state for awhile and then spent the majority of his life in CA, Fremont, Sonora area. He hand built Stanley Steam cars for Allen Blazick in Fremont CA and was in the Model T club with a 1915 Model T Speedster that I now own.

8. looks like Nancy Sinatra to me.

slowmotion likes this.
  9. slowmotion

slowmotion

Same here, indoor flat track 'bout 74 or so I'd guess. All that leather reminds me of D's Leathers. They shod many a racer in the day. Singer does resemble Miss Sinatra a bit. But I never thought she was that tall, even with 'boots'.

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. toml24

toml24

It might be the Orange County Fairgrounds in Costa Mesa and their "Speedway Bike" motorcycles. Without seeing more of the grandstand it's very tough to say. Those Speedway Bikes have no brakes and race a very tight short flat track. They always had a full house of rabid fans to cheer the bikers on.

11. one of the uniforms says Bast bros. google shows a welding shop in ca. maybe they would know.

12. redo32

redo32

Fourth rider is Harlan Bast, a Speedway rider from Auburn Ca. I was thinking the first guy looks a little like Gary Nixon but is too oall.

13. TLDLTD

TLDLTD

Is it possible that it's a motorcycle race on ice? Just a thought. The crowd looks close to the race area but if it was the '70's that makes sense lol.

14. Do you have a date on the photo? I'm thinking more 80's than 70's, looking at hairstyles and clothing/racing equipment.

volvobrynk likes this.
  15. That girls someone's Grandmother now. :D

volvobrynk likes this.
  16. Hookedtrout

Hookedtrout
    from East Idaho

I don't have any dates or anything, I found 3 different interesting photo's in his collection, this being one of them and with the least info, basically no info at all. The other two were interesting as well, I knew he was friends with Crosby Stills and Nash, one photo is of the Crosby/Nash double wedding in 87 of Crosby and Nash and their brides jumping in a swimming pool and the other photo is of the cast of Night Court and all of them have autographed their mugs.

17. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

2nd guy from the left is checkin' out her ass

18. I would be too. It is an involuntary reaction.

19. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

That's the upside of living here in Cali. You get to meet all kinds of celebs, some of whom are nice, most are snooty and unrealistic about God and Man.
    I worked on cars owned by many stars and celebs...all of whom treated me fairly. (they were smart: I was working on their Porsches, BMWs, and Ferraris!) :p

20. Hookedtrout

Hookedtrout
    from East Idaho

Very true, he worked with Jay Leno as well, Jay has some Stanley Steam cars and that was my dads profession, restoration of Stanley's so Jay sought him out on a few things at various times. I think Jay's a real down to earth kind of guy!