Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Who's Building a T?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slimegreeeeeen, Nov 19, 2011.

1. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Sept09_2015.jpg

How about (RE) building one? I got this car in 82 and drove it in my younger days. Got it back on the road about ten years ago after sitting for about 20 years then it has set for the last five or so. Now my oldest is almost 16 so it comes back out for a refresh! I think im more excited than he is!

Tall t 26, Baron, AHotRod and 6 others like this.
  2. KOOL! Your first effort on the car (1982) almost qualifies your work as "back in the day". Welcome back, T!

Will it be running for Jalopyrama Reunion on October 24? I'm going to have my unfinished T there in Westminister, MD. I'd love to see it.

Just installed coil-overs and got the trunk area started:

DSC01292.JPG

VA HAMB and patmanta like this.
  3. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Any more photos of this one? Looks cool.

4. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Wont be at the Jalopyrama even though I wish I was. My helper has a Baseball Tournament. Either way it wouldn't be there. We are going to go this this pretty good. Some of the suspension is cracked and we are going to give some new paint while we are at it. The body mounts have collapsed on one side and the trunk floor as broke loose so we have a little work to do. Maybe the Jalopy Showdown next year. T Pictures 006.jpg

5. Still working on mine, took it to a small show on Sunday (not under its own power :() and while towing it I realised some things that need sorting. Hope to have it driving soon. JW
    [​IMG]

chessterd5 and AndersF like this.
  6. daddio211

daddio211

Your pickup rules Jeremy!

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  7. Thanks Eric:D:D:D:D JW

daddio211 likes this.
  8. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

Anders, Common over, I got beer! IMG_0403.JPG

9. AndersF

AndersF

I can think about it if you include a ticket to the states to.
    It was a real hard work to do. I spend around 60-80 ours to clean the body.
    Used phosphor acid on the outside and blasting the inside.
    I did not find anyone in sweden that can acid dip the hole body and i did not
    trust anyone with a big blaster either. Thats why i did it myself.
    If you can afford and find someone trusty to clean the body i think its well spent money.

10. silent rick

silent rick

i'll be starting this soon

[​IMG]

going to give it a Y block

[​IMG]

hrm2k, AndersF and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  11. That looks real good Rick. JW

12. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

You got yours looking real good but I think I'll take your advice and have mine blasted.

13. t-rod

t-rod

I redid the interior, from this; 074.jpg to this; 20150405_203734.jpg with the option for this. 20150926_111028.jpg 20150926_111117.jpg I did like the blanket seat, it just wasn't holding up after three years. I did the black interior last winter. I'd planned on the roll bar from the beginning to run the USFRA's 130 club and decided this was the year. Got the tube, had it bent, fitted the thing, then all the events for the salt flats got cancelled for the year. Maybe next year. In the meantime, there's one more drag race this year.

AndersF and daddio211 like this.
  14. A Boner

A Boner

Friend Jim from Northern Illinois.....on the road, and in the sorting out stage.
    image.jpg

15. daddio211

daddio211

t-rod likes this.
  16. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

Heres mine. A sort of Sports Rod. It uses a spaceframe chassis of small tubing. The body panels will bolt on/off. It uses a late model OT 4 pot DOHC and 5-speed. It will look fairly traditional though. Full hood, to hide the offending OT stuff, '35 front axle with 1/4 elliptics.

Attached Files:

17. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

18. pnevells

pnevells

Our nostalgia drag T

IMG_1251.JPG

AndersF and Baron like this.
  19. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Been collecting parts for several years. Mostly just cast off parts that friends didn't want or were left overs from their builds. Recently scored a killer deal on a Baby Hemi and it was the kick in the ass I needed to get started on turning all this junk into a Hot Rod. Hopefully will be scaring old ladies by next summer. [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki[​IMG]Hosted on Fotki [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

21. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

Thanks

22. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

Just pulled it off the table for a basic mock up for a little boost. It will go back on the table once I have decided the position of the axles. I can only do that when my wheels are painted and I can mount my tyres, and so mock up the axles.
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

Attached Files:

23. oj

oj

Getting time to work on mine a little, The frame is painted and I'm doing the brake lines right now and starting to make the luggage rack/license plate support/backup & license tag light housing onto the gas tank. I'm also metal finishing steering & suspension pieces for the chrome plater - how did that get so expensive? Damn!
    I got the tag light/backup light from a Jag XJ6 and will bend up some 3/8ths tubing for a mockup and post pics, the finished piece will be in stainless. DSC00957.JPG DSC00959.JPG

24. hotrod brice

hotrod brice
    from molino,Fl.

Here's mine again,still need to finish doors,etc.

25. hotrod brice

hotrod brice
    from molino,Fl.

Phone app.needs help

Attached Files:

rab71 and AndersF like this.
  26. alwaystiredlong

alwaystiredlong

My 26 that I have been building for 4 years......getting there.

Attached Files:

rab71, AndersF and Squablow like this.
  27. Rathbone

Rathbone

I'd like to see more of this one!

28. I'm workin' on it. I took three cars up to Jalopyrama Reunion 2 weeks ago....a logistics nightmare. I towed the T with a borrowed trailer and a borrowed Suburban on Wednesday for our (Rusty Nuts) decorating of the building. Then on Friday (setup day) I had the owner of the Suburban drive 40 COOP and I drove 33 COOP. On Saturday, after the show, I had the son of a friend drive 33 COOP (along with his son), the same driver friend in 40 COOP, and I drove the Suburban with 26 COOP in tow. It was a very successful show and was definitely worth it to take all three cars:

DSC01333.JPG
    DSC01335.JPG

On the trunk of 26 COOP, I had a write-up of the progress as well as a roster asking people to vote on whether or not to chop the top. I got 60 responses: 36 said not to chop, including two HELL NOs. I have mixed feelings about it. Anybody want to vote? Post a reply with your opinion.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  29. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Hell No, don't chop it, nothing cooler than the tall T :cool:

30. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My plan was to take about 8 inches out of mine, but after looking at all the chopped ones, the stock top ones are very cool. So, you get a no chop here.
    This Hemi powered T does it for me !
    Hemi Coupe after.jpg