Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage RWYB-Reynolds, GA Dec. 5, 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, May 11, 2015.

1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Yesterday I figgered out a mounting spot and line routing for my line-loc and mounted it, did some measuring and today ordered my lines and fittings (AN3) from Speedway, they should be here Thur late afternoon..
    Between now and then I've got a small machining job to do for a friend for whom I do all I can as prompotly as I can. Of course the fact that he has a business only 2 I/2 blocks from my shop and has a forklift, and will move heavy shit like lathes, mills, etc. around when I need it, especially gives this job some priority!
    Should be able to complete that job and wire up yhe line loc in time to plumb up the line loc in time for the nice weather we're s'posed to have for a couple days to try out this new toy and get accustomed to using it. Keeping a car with a manual trans staged just right without one has been a real problem with me. Just maybe the limited foot room in a Model "A" along with my size 14 feet has something to do with that problem?
    Then all I gotta do is bolt on the slicks and load it on the trailere!

Dog_Patch and captmullette like this.
  2. BAD A

BAD A

Mine is loaded. And waiting for the trip. All I need to do, is back my truck up to the trailer. And hook it up.:):):):):):):):)

captmullette likes this.
  3. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look out for the errant tire :eek:
    [​IMG]

4. BAD A

BAD A

OK guys..... where are all my smack talking people at?????????????????:D:D:D:D:D
    Me the wife, and BAD A are coming... So you better bring everything you have. including the kitchen sink.:p:p:p:p

5. BAD A

BAD A

Well I checked the weather. It went from 10% chance of rain to 50%... What happened??? But we are still 10 days out. And that could change. So I will be watching that close, over the next few days.:(

6. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

There ya go Bad A, that's all you'll see of my purple arse after about three sportsman trees head start ;) :D

7. BAD A

BAD A

DANG..... 3 trees.... And the weather forecast looks better today 20% :):):):)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  8. :D Nah we run heads up, but that's what it would probably take for me to compete with that bad mamma jamma :cool:

9. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And #9 has blasted through like a banshee :eek: :cool:

[​IMG]

Dog_Patch likes this.
  10. BAD A

BAD A

Well the forecast, went back to 60%. What is going on? This is like a roller coaster.:confused::confused::confused:

11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

GA weather is almost impossible to predict this far ahead. We are often at the mercy of storm systems coming from the Southwest, and there's one coming in Sat night this week.

12. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Bad A, you got me to wondering about the forecast.
    Accuweather.com shows a low Sat morn. of 50* high of 76*, with Sunny weather, only 15% chance of precip. Sun morning 45* , chance of showers.
    What forecast did you use?

13. BAD A

BAD A

www.Weather.com

I will check, the weather Friday. Before we leave. Hope your forecast is right.

14. BAD A

BAD A

20% this morning. Man the weather must change hourly down their. :)

So being them grudge races on guys.
    1-GAOLDsman
    2-dirty old man
    Who is next?????????????:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    loudbang likes this.
  15. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Well, I plan to run the 1/8 as you have stated you wanted to do, so it's quite likely we'll wind up beside each other, but being realistic, I know it won't be a contest for you. Me? I just like to run where I don't have to l;ook over my shoulder for the man!

saltflats likes this.
  16. BAD A

BAD A

I agree... I got you on the list. We are going to have a blast.:D:D:D:D

17. BAD A

BAD A

Is there a rain date in place? Just incase? After all. I am coming from 400 miles away. Like maybe Sunday?

18. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Bad A, as I understand it, track policy is for rain dates only for national or regional championship points races and track championship races. There is only one weekend of racing past next weekend on the scheduled events. Paying track personnel becomes a losing proposition for the track owner/promoter any later in the year as after all spectator attendance does pay the bills and most people ain't gonna sit in the freezing cold to watch what would most likely be a reduced field of cars race.
    I realize it's a long and expensive haul for you up in TN, and you have related some financial setbacks this year to us here on HAMB. But about all you can do is take a look at as many different weather forecasting sites as you can, while being as prepared to come as you can. Then when you make a decision you have done all you can to make it an informed decision.
    Just before typing this post I checked again on Accu-Weather .com and the forecast is 72* and cloudy with 35% chance of rain showers for Sat. 11/07/15. I hope it gets better but all any of us can do is keep watching the forecast.

loudbang likes this.
  19. stealthcruiser, loudbang and allwilly like this.
  20. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Today accuweather shows 65% rain for Reynolds for Sat. 11/07/15. All we can do I guess is keep an eye on the forecast. I don't remember evrer having this much rain in the Fall.

21. The latest forecast on the weather channel shown 40% chance for Saturday with am scattered showers and partly cloudy the rest of the day. We usually don't start running until 12am - 1pm anyway. Like Andrew said, I'm not gonna let it slow me down. :D Even though I've been busier than a one armed paper hanger lately. Both at home and work. Looking forward to see everyone :cool:

Dog_Patch likes this.
  22. BAD A

BAD A

As of now, in Reynolds on Saturday. I have my fingers crossed, that this will change, in the next few days. The wife & I, are really looking forward, to coming down. That is why. I asked about a rain date earlier. I will make my final decision, On Wednesday, about what we are doing. Any later than that. And I can not cancel, the motel room. So let's hope, we see a big weather change. In the next few days.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  23. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Talked to Ed today and he still has hope, as do I, that things will improve on weather. In the event things stay bad on forecast it's likely that a cancellation would be announced the day bfore on track website. www.silverdollarraceway.com So when it gets "down in the short rows" keep an eye on the track website and here and on SFCC social group. This is the trouble with late Fall, the weather is very changeable here in GA and this time the storms coming from the Pacific all the way across are really creating havoc all over the Southeast.

24. captmullette

captmullette

well my car is running shitty, but consistently shitty, 7.39, 7.39, 7.40 and popping and spittin....guess I need a new box, procomp out, msd in....ran s 7.28 at Atlanta.....the haint still haunts

25. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

I' ll be pulling up from central Florida Friday, so I will be at the track Saturday around 900-930 come hell or high water. Hopefully the weather will cooperate so we can make a couple of passes. I want to see how it runs without spinning half way down the track.

GAOldsman likes this.
  26. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Forecast is looking a little worse today. Weather.com ( the folks on Weather Channel) are saying 90% chance of rain Sat. and Accu-Weather.com is saying 60%. Ed won't call it this soon, but you can bet he's watching the forecasts closely same as we are!

27. captmullette

captmullette

damn.....and damn again.......found my problem.....coil wire loose.....oh well...getting a new 6al-2 today

GAOldsman and Dog_Patch like this.
  28. Never hurts to have a backup. I think Josh burned one up while welding on his car.

29. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Today Weather .com says 90% precip Sat. Accu-Weather says 66%. Neither one is what I'd call encouraging. As the old saying says "It's raining all over Hell and half of GA". Greer has similar forecasts, BTW.