Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Need Exploded view of door glass installation 32 P'up

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jpriebe66, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Jpriebe66

Jpriebe66

Sometimes she hooks...sometimes she don't, always fun either way

greaser likes this.
  2. alchemy

alchemy

Your truck looks like a lot of fun, and it may be registered as a '32, but it's a '33 or '34.

3. dirtracer06

dirtracer06

Or, if anyone asks, it's a 32 with a 33 fire wall added for the extra leg room...

4. Sure looks like a '32 cab to me.

5. dirtracer06

dirtracer06

I think the only difference between the 32 & 33 is the firewall. 32 had a flat firewall like the car had, the 33 & 34 had the style shown on his, 34 also had the extra wide rib running across the rear of the cab.

6. Jpriebe66

Jpriebe66

I have the benefit of closer inspection, it looks like a very late production 32, as it incorporates the 33 detail around the visor and the 33 fire wall but rear of cab and doors 32

7. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Sure was good to meet you at sema. Fun to see a face that belongs to the text. It looks like you have some door glass to install when you get home, glad you found your info.

8. k32t

k32t
    from Hog town

Firewall 1s a 33

9. alchemy

alchemy

Only difference in the backside of the cab was the third beltline bead, which was added at least halfway through the production of '33. And maybe later than that. And I've never seen any difference in the doors at all from '32 through '34. The visor/header bead was changed later in '32 production.

Ford did definitely NOT install that firewall in a '32 cab. It would not bolt up to the frame and all the other parts (gauge panel, dash, steering column, etc.) that normally attach to the '32 frame. If your VIN came with that truck, please check the listing on this site: http://www.vanpeltsales.com/FH_web/flathead_serialnumbers.htm

I still think you have a '33 cab. It might be nice for you to think you have a '32, but please don't spread wrong facts. There are a lot of guys on this site who are still learning about these trucks, and we want to teach them the proper details and facts so they can know what they are working on.

jerseyboy likes this.
  10. greaser

greaser

alchemy has it right with what I know. I'm certainly not the expert, but have been trying to define the differences between these cabs for the past 40 years.
    One minor difference I know about the doors... A small rectangular slot cut into the bottom center of the inside window opening, (where the typical garnish would be). I believe this slot held an anti-rattle device (currently available at some of the better aftermarket parts suppliers). My '32 pickup has the slot in the drivers door, (not original to the cab) and not in the passenger door, (believed to be original to the cab). I can only assume the slot was provided in later doors, but cannot prove it.

11. alchemy

alchemy

I've never noticed the anti-rattler slots difference before. I'll have to go look in the pile (contains 32, 33, and 34 doors) next time I'm out there.