Register now to get rid of these ads!

Long time lurker

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by meats50, Oct 27, 2015.

1. meats50

meats50

My names Alex
    Ive been a member a long time but Ive never posted. I recently got into traditional hot rods. May start posting so I figured I should make an introduction thread.
    I currently have 2 cars. A 1931 model a coupe that was built in the 50s. Came from the east coast. It was originally heavily channeled. I have a 331 hemi to put in it that i bought from a member on here. The guy I bought the car from in Cincinnati is also a member here.
    The other is a 1928 roadster I stumbled upon on craigslist. I bought it out of a warehouse where it had been sitting on a skid, up in a rack, for a very looong time. I bought it originally just to sell but once my better half seen it she decided it would be her car. Plus the kids have already claimed it for themselves.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks for having me.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Welcome, Alex. Looks like you have the start to a couple of great hot rods there. I'm really liking the '31 on '32 frame. Appears to be a late year production '31 judging from the indented firewall where the fuel line exits. Quite desirable. Keep us in the loop as progress continues on both of them.............Don.

3. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Welcome from a fellow former lurker. Looking forward to seeing the progres

4. meats50

meats50

Thanks,

My plans for the roadster are to get it together quickly and just drive it. I bought most of the parts to put it together from the same man I bought the body from. Most are speedway or repops with some original stuff thrown in. Which I know some frown upon. It also has a sbc which I got for free and it is what the frame was setup for.

I don't mind tho because I'm slowly collecting original parts to use on my coupe. I'm hoping for it to be mostly original stuff 59 and earlier. (I know the wheels don't fit that time, I'll most likely sell them)

The grill she'll on the coupe is actually the original color the car was painted when it was first turned into a hotrod from what I was told. There is also midge + Jim carved into the dash. Which I think is pretty cool. The guy I bought it from tried to dig up history on the car without much luck.

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. D-Ozzie

D-Ozzie

Hey. Lurker here too. I'm looking to start a A roadster project soon similar to yours. Looks great so far. Best of luck. It may be an unpopular opinion around here, but I think the Speedway/repop option is fine. Original parts are better, but if repops get you out of the garage and on the road, they'll do the job. You can always go back and swap them out when you come across originals. If you're anything like me, by the time you gather the originals you want, you'll be ready to tear it down again anyways.

6. meats50

meats50

7. Scott67

Scott67
    from NJ

Welcome. The only person that has to be happy with how your cars are built is you! Start build threads. Im sure a a bunch of folks here would love to follow along.