Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects No Compromise : Ford A coupe

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Madmath, May 21, 2014.

1. Thanks.

To be continued... but next year :)

F-ONE likes this.
  2. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Madmath,

Fantastic old school build! I love the old style rivets you have used. I used some large ones on my firewall and the support legs of my 32 three window coupe (see bottom right of photo) I put them in and then welded them on the backside. What kind of blind rivet did you use? Any photos. As you know rivets add so much strength and look so old school!
    Try to keep working a little on the build even if its just a few minutes here and there. It takes dedication and very hard work to make it all come together and your well on your way!!

32 Spitfire
    High Noon Speed Shop
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/street-rodder-features-my-32-coupe.945829/#post-10640018
    P1010148.JPG

Jeff34, Madmath and waxhead like this.
  3. For the rivets, I used the same like you, they are welded inside the rails.
    I don't have took pictures of the inside.

Thanks for all the comments, it gives motivation but it's not possible to continue at this time. Before I must install electricity and lights in the workshop but prior I would like to have a living room and a kitchen in the house because there are 7 months that we live in bedrooms and bathroom ;)

But I don't despair to work a little on the rear-end this winter :)

Jeff34 likes this.
  4. wesrat

wesrat
    from Ramona Ca.

5. Hey Madmath good luck with your build. Are you anywhere near Brusseles?

6. Hey Pat, sorry for late answer.

About 1 hour and half ;)

7. cretin

cretin

Looks like this could be a cool car in the works. I'm interested to see the progress.

Madmath likes this.
  8. Jake Sippl

Jake Sippl
    from Detroit MI

subscribed. I love how you're doing this. Really digging the curved front cowl/front section with the back half of the 5 window body!

Madmath likes this.
  9. Thanks,

At this time, I collect all the parts for the body... I have all parts except the trunk lid, the grill shell and patch panels

20150718_180554_resized_1.jpg

quickrack-alan and kidcampbell71 like this.
  10. Wauw, I'm following this! :D:cool:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. ..... well .... wauw (!!!) .... me too then !! :) Happy to see this pop up again. Bookmark ! Carry on plz .... and thank you Dannerr !!