Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Can anyone recommend an Engine Machine shop in NJ area?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 49ChevTruck, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Can anyone recommend an Engine Machine shop in NJ area?

2. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

B&B MACHINE IN LAKEWOOD DID MY ford 390 short block assembly in 2007.RUNS GREAT.IM SURE HE DOES ALL TYPES.ASK FOR BARRY.

3. 2MNYTYS

2MNYTYS
    from MN

4. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Flathead or overhead valve? There's a great flathead guy in the South Plainfield area. If you need a flathead guy let me know and I'll get his info for you.

5. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I've been using Bontempo Brother Competition, in Linden, known them since 1975. Very good, Very reliable, knowledgeable. They do lots of muscle car stuff, and go-fast engines, too. I trust them for anything automotive.

6. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Bontempo Brothers Comp. has done nice work for me in the past, though it has been mostly axle and rear work. I'm not sure what their engine machine capabilities are, though they can surely build a hell of an engine.

I can speak from first-hand knowledge for Roger's Speed Shop in Garwood. They machined a 350 chevy I was building years ago and did a nice job of it. Prices were reasonable and when I assembled the engine it all spec'd out nicely.