Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Blown 264 Nailhead

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fordguy91, Oct 7, 2015.

1. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

That would sure be different as you don't see those cars for gassers, plus it will be a rare bird with your blown nail for power

I'am thinking that would make a great package, go head on 91 looking forward to seeing a build log on that car

Do you have one picked out you can buy ?

For saving money while I was building my 37' I had 3 different clunkers a 50' chevy a 50' dodge hard top and a 50' ford 2 dr and it was a nice car and a clean one too

2. Fordguy91

Fordguy91
    from Fl

No don't have one yet. It's probably gonna be a couple years unfortunately unless I get rid of another project. I just turned 24 and am trying to buy my first house. Hopefully with a garage on it.

3. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

That sounds good 91 , it looks like you have got your ducks in a row getting a house at your age is first class

When looking check if there is room to expand the garage , as you never have enough room

4. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

X2 on the garage ! :)

5. Freaky1

Freaky1

I've heard from Matt at NailheadBuick.com several times that the 264 is not the motor you want to build for many reasons. Glad to hear you picked up the 401 and the SP, I think you will be much happier with them. Even though it will still be really expensive it will be a little less than trying to make that 264 work......but not much.

I'm going with a '62 401 and a 471 blower so I'm going to be watching this thread for sure.