Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods New Gasser build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FTF, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

We didn`t get as much done as we hoped we would. We both have been sick, but we did get a little bit done. Got the dash on hinged mount to be able to work on it and gauge panel made up . And the So-Cal steering damper mounted , some of the window outside frames made up. Still have to cut the window frames for MarGuard lexan.

Attached Files:

seb fontana likes this.
  2. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

Progress has been slow with the holidays . But it`s still moving forward. Got the mid plate mount ,driveshaft loop and the front end mount tacked in ,still need to figure what the mount the back of the frontend to the firewall area.

Attached Files:

loudbang and seb fontana like this.
  3. jimmy1931

jimmy1931

Very nice, Bill. Both of you are doing fantastic work and moving right along!

4. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

Well after pricing the quick latch pins ,I just went with Dzus fasteners . They will work just as good and were about the third the price of the others. Going to jump off and cut the hood area for the injectors tomorrow. Just it comes out straight .

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  5. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

Well we got the front end fit up and mounted. Went over the chassis and looked to see if we had forgot to mock up anything . Got to do a little trimming on the body to clear the chassis ,then pull it . Hope to get the final welding done in time to get the chassis certified . Then to make the mad rush and get it ready to go for this season.

Attached Files:

plumbid likes this.
  6. Anything new?

7. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

Yes, there is quite a bit of progress. Just haven`t had any extra time to be on the HAMB or the other sites I`m a member of. I`ve got the body mounted and firewall ,floors and rear bulkhead in the car. Have been waiting on the machine shop to get done with the engine.

Attached Files:

Deuces and Dog_Patch like this.
  8. Cool! I've been thinking about starting something similar. Looking really good - keep at it.

9. Looking good man! What are those front wheels?

10. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

Circle Racing ,both Speedway and Summit sell them. The plus of Summit selling them is the free freight.

Deuces and Dog_Patch like this.
  11. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

Well we finally got the doors hung. We pushed it outside to clean the shop and get it on the lift . That way we can square the suspension and fit the rear fender and tubs . Still got to fit the trunk deck which doesn`t really fit the opening well. Motor should be done in the next couple of weeks. Plus still do all the body work. Hoping to be done before the first of the year. Still haven`t figured out what color to paint it.

Attached Files:

12. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Those injector stacks really kick it up a notch. Subscribed!

13. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Nuttin wrong with that!

14. loudbang

loudbang

Candy Apple red :p

15. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

Well the tubs are in and got the drivers side fender trimmed and mounted. Just have to trim the other side to match and mount it. Then start on the deck lid. Finally got the last of the engine parts in for the rebuild of it. Machine work should be done in a couple of weeks . So it coming along nicely ,for awhile I didn`t think we would ever get this far. Still looking for paint color and don`t know what I want it to be.

Attached Files:

OahuEli likes this.
  16. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

Got a little progress over the weekend . Finally got the trunk deck to fit and pinned down. Only had to split in 2 pieces and take an quarter inch out of the middle. I made up a center support to take make fit right. Now comes the hard part bodywork. I hate sanding and filling low spots and trying to get the high spots down without going too far.And I`m still looking at paint colors and they are all starting to run together . Also here is a couple pictures of the support I put on the deck lid.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    hotrodtodd1960 likes this.
  17. Dave'29Ford

Dave'29Ford
    from NE England

Did this car get finished? Is it the one in your profile pic? Any completed shots? Favourite build I've seen.

18. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

Yes, we finally got it finished last fall. But didn’t get to run it cause of my bad right knee. We have been fighting with the stack injectors to the point we hydrauliced the engine. New car bugs we had got the secondary bypass in backwards. Lucked out and didn’t hurt it too bad. We were registered and accepted to go to the Meltdown Drags . But we are still messing with the damn injectors. It’s a 3 piece set and it’s a real pain to get adjusted. I decided to step up to an Enderle bugcatcher and just got here this Monday . Just didn’t have time to get all changed out. So we are taking my buddies 40 Willy’s coupe. We get there today for we hope is a good weekend of racing. I’ll post new pictures next week.

Deuces likes this.