Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hilborn Blower Injector For The Street

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kent Vanhelsing, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Kent Vanhelsing

Kent Vanhelsing

It only takes reading of a few threads to gain a keen grasp of the obvious- there are a lot of creative genius individuals here. To these types, I offer this in, or out of the box challenge to modify for street use, the following:

I have this cool two barrel Hilborn blower injector left over from my B/GS '32 Ford. ( see my thread, "It was a great day at the beach, Charlie Brown" for the story). With the advance in EFI technology, I have been looking at this great piece with new lustful eyes. I envision a Frankenstein creation using this retro injector with EFI in a normally aspirated application. " It's Aliiiiiive !"

Attached Files:

2. If you got the money, that injectors got the time.

3. I ran this "baby two holer" on the street 52 years ago. No EFI here. Sure would have been a lot easier! This one came off Rocky Childs' B/GS '37 Chevy coupe.

[​IMG]

BRENT MAGGI likes this.
  4. Martin Harris

Martin Harris

Cool. Keep us informed.
    And Dean Lowe, that two holer looks cool on that blown motor, but it must have been a real handful on the street without the benefit of EFI!o_O

5. MikeC62

MikeC62
    from Missouri

Go to Alkydigger's web site and give him a call. Not cheap to do but he has the answers.

6. olskoolspeed

olskoolspeed
    from Ohio

Check out foxinjection.com.

31Vicky with a hemi and RichFox like this.
  7. That's putting it mildly! I only ran it about a month, got tired of fouling plugs, and I pulled it off. I put the two WCFB's on the blower and made life much easier.

[​IMG]

8. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

Dean I helped Rocky build & run his 37' & his dragster while I was building my 37', we worked together till 67' bending nails then I hung up my hammer when I started building engines

Dean Lowe likes this.
  9. Nothing cheap about converting these to EFI. But I may go that way in the future for the top of my blower. But I do like playing with carbs, will continue doing so for now.

10. Mikey,
    It is a modern solution but if I had your mill I would be looking at a pair of flying toilets. With a second little tank you could drive gas to the strip and a 15 minute conversion would have you burning alchy. :D

Sorry I just could not resist.

The 2 or 4 hole Hilborn would work well on the street naturally aspirated with the proper intake under it. you would want a very large plenum under it for a buffer and at least 10" of runners for most engines. it is going to be peaky even if you electrify it because of your open intake plenum and short(ish) runners but it would be a blast to run.

There is a fella here in town that runs a Ford mod motor with an intake that he built to hold a 4 hole hilborn unit. The hilborn unit is just a throttle body. he had to upgrade his stock injectors to compensate for the added air but it run real well and has the look (at a glance).

11. George Klass

George Klass
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When it comes to EFI, I've always thought that these Throttle Bodies would look kind of neat on a blower for a street rod.
    tb1.jpg
    The dimensions are about 6 1/2" long, 4" wide, and 3" top to bottom.
    tb2.jpg

And if you wanted the injectors in the Throttle Body, we also offer these brackets and fuel rails. Each one of these flows about 1,800 cfm (naturally aspirated)
    tb3.jpg

elgringo71 likes this.
  12. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

As would these. Except these come with sealed ball bearings on the throttle shafts and I paid $19 each + ship.

Attached Files:

13. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

4 port on my mod mtr

Attached Files:

Tn. Trash and RichFox like this.
  14. Rocky was cool. He advertised the two holer, and we were the first to go see it. Beautifully polished, and complete, $200! He was selling off everything to start his business.

15. Kent Vanhelsing

Kent Vanhelsing

The two barrel Hilborn and 4-71 blower were saved from the sale of my '32 B/GS coupe. Several years later it was used on my AMBR candidate '23 Bucket. I just could not resist seeing if this creation could move under its own power without creating mayhem and police presence in the streets.

The evil step sister leapfrogged about 20 feet diagonally, lifted the wheels, then fell back down to earth with the same sound as Bubba crunching a beer can on his forehead.

Net result of this experiment:
    One pair of badly soiled underwear.
    One pair of badly bent spoke wheels.
    One bent and cracked aluminum oil pan.
    One broken spring perch bolt.
    One cracked headlight lens.
    One slightly stained bench seat.

The only intelligent part of this fiasco was, thank you Jeeeeezuz, I was in the parking lot of our Coca-Cola plant rather than a city street.

I think fellow HAMBers can understand my interest in a bit more civilized efi conversion........ :)

Attached Files: