Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Inline Modified version 2.0

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Empire32, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Motornoggin1

Motornoggin1

That just keeps getting cooler and cooler. I really love what you've done with it!

2. Empire32

Empire32
    from FRANCE

3. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Etienne,

How about just rounding the outer edges of the glass like this. Then just finish and heat treat the edges. I think this will tie the glass in better with the radiator shell looks wise.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
    Cosmo49 likes this.
  4. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Etienne, Was hoping you might be putting an update on the HAMB for your Modified. It sure has been quite the inspiration for me.

Dave

5. Empire32

Empire32
    from FRANCE

After a looong break in the progress of the modified project, due to my lack of time, here's some progress, finaly !
    I've put some juice in the break lines, and on my clutch system, and it looks like everything is working.
    Electricity is almost done, lights and blinkers are working now, and I will start the engine soon !
    Here's the beast, rolled out !

[​IMG]

6. I still love this car

7. RodNoc

RodNoc
    from Kelso, WA

Great build. Any further updates?

8. Empire32

Empire32
    from FRANCE

it's a shame but not so much. Some work on the tank and tank braces. I hope to make more progress and a test drive this spring.

[​IMG]

9. Test drive report?

10. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

One of my favorites! I'm just enjoying the build.

11. RodNoc

RodNoc
    from Kelso, WA

Anything new happening?

12. Empire32

Empire32
    from FRANCE

Some news about the project : I was busy and a little bit demotivated, then the modified stay on the shop for a while. Until this spring, when I decided to work on it again. With a few friends, we was on our way to try to start it, and make the first test ride after finishing the engine wiring. But eventually, we discovered that the engine was stuck by rust, sitting too long in my shop... Then, We decided to be pro-active, and the same day, the engine was pulled out the chassis, and disassembled, and the day after, it was delivered to the engine shop. After been rebuilt, the engine is now back on the chassis, and next step is to try to start it. During the last months, I've also worked on small details (finishing fuel tank straps, swap the radiator for a new one, new clutch, modified battery tray to put a bigger battery, etc...), and I'm close to the end. I hope to try it soon, and then working on dash panel and seat. I hope to hit the road next spring.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's the modified with the friends who help me putting back the engin on it:

[​IMG]

13. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Nice! Can't wait to see it running.

14. Twisted6

Twisted6

That is looking to ONE vary sweet Ride.

15. Empire32

Empire32
    from FRANCE

After some years with almost any progress, the engine crisis from last spring was like a new beginning, motivation wise. So, I worked a bit on the modified during fall. Details, like the dashboard insert, made with the original insert from the Citroen C4 (around 1932) dashboard, and a aluminium plate, and some gauges. I was looking for some turned aluminium, but the best way to have this ramdomly turned look (as on most of the 20's racer) was to made it, with a hand made tool, to turn an actual botttle cork with a drill. The plate is bolted to the insert frame with old slotted screw, and equipped with 2 SW gauge (water temp and engine pressure) and a vintage Ford speedo. The SW gauges has been aged to match.

[​IMG]

mounted on the dashboard :

[​IMG]

I still have a lot to do. Mostly, a windshield frame with home made posts and stanchions (in progress), and then upholstery. But a few weeks ago, I take a big step, started the engine, and drive it a little bit around the shop ! I need now to work on the engine tuning, playing with carbs and jets, but this is a realy big step !
    check out the video :

N.Ozols, jerseyboy, sko_ford and 2 others like this.
  16. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

17. Empire32

Empire32
    from FRANCE

Some news : I've worked on a new shifter, using a Model A stick, reshaped, and a Lucky Burton knob. Also, a great upholstery job as been done by one of my friend (he's a professional upholsterer), in a great leather, distressed to mtach the patina of the body. Since then, I drove it around 100miles, and until now, everything works great. I still need to work on a hood, and maybe a windshield, but I love it without windshield.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Man, that upholstery came out great! Best upholstery on the HAMB yet!:D:eek::D:cool:

19. OFT

OFT

20. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

X3, on the upholstery, great little car, congratulations!

21. Mart

Mart

Nice to see an update, your friend did a great job.