Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Iron Lords Goodbye Shop Party (GoodGuys Charlotte)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BloodyKnuckles, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Time to say goodbye to an old friend.
    Let's celebrate the incredible years spent in this shop.

GoodGuys Weekend
    Friday IMG_20150422_232740.jpg IMG_20150414_083245.jpg IMG_20150408_225114.jpg

October 23rd, 2015 around 5:30
    606 Church Street
    Concord, NC

The Iron Lords have called this place home for over the past 5 years. Many, many cars have been built as well as many amazing friendships. This shop has brought together all walks of life and a community of car lovers.

We will all miss this place and the memories it has given us over the years.

Please come by and celebrate with us this amazing place. Spread the word. Everyone is invited.
    #IronLordsCC
    #HopUpLive
    #Hamb
    Music by @bighousepete Paul Peterson

BloodyKnuckles

Stogy, Gotgas, 40fordtudor and 3 others like this.
  2. Man,I hate hearing this,I have had the pleasure of visiting the shop a couple of times and meeting a bunch of the members,a great group of guys and gals and a really cool shop.

Are you guys going to look for a new place for a club house/shop? HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Every time I walked in those doors it was damn near church for me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dog_Patch and 504640 like this.
  4. Wish I could be there Ron, but I have a conflict in Westminster, Maryland.

BloodyKnuckles likes this.

5. That place was like a Twilight Zone episode! Unbelievable trip back in time, with the building, cars, music and let's not forget the cake. The Iron Lords are the real deal!

groundpounder and Thulsa Doom like this.
  6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

hope that you will find another cool location. not many have the opportunity to partake in a place like that.

7. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

Hate to see the doors lose - they were open to me last year when I arrived with a destroyed wheel bearing. Thanks to the Iron Lords, made a quick & easy fix. Hope to be there.

8. It has to be like moving away from a good friend that you probably will never see again.:(

40fordtudor and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  9. Big bummer that I can't make it...even bigger bummer that the ILs and 606 N.Church St will no longer be spoken in the same sentence!! Have a blast and raise a Cheerwine for me!!

Hope you find an equally cool spot ASAP!!!

10. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Say It Ain't So. Wasn't planning on coming up this year...but Oh Man the last one. Coming to Charlotte just won't be the same anymore. A big thanks to the Iron Lords for all the great memories. Have a Big Time.

Lee

11. I went for the first time last year after GG's...Got a very warm, friendly welcome from a great group...Met a ton of great people...and , to top it all , the pizza was hot & delicious....!!
    Sorry to hear about the shop closing , here's hoping you'all get another one close -by..
    Will do all possible to get there Friday...
    Stan

12. groundpounder

groundpounder
    Member Emeritus

Sorry to hear this guys!.... We will stop by after the show!

13. Thanks guys!

Just a quick reminder.

Friday. Be there!

BloodyKnuckles

14. flat 39

flat 39

Sad to hear that you guys are moving. That place is an institution for traditional rods and customs. So many great cars and stories rolled through those doors.

15. Sorry to hear of this, loosing your shop/meeting place has got to be hard. My daughter said the place had lots of character with you character's .
    Hope things work out and you guys can find another place.

16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

good coverage on the Iron Lords CC in Fall 2015 Premier Issue of FORGED Magazine

BloodyKnuckles likes this.
  17. Wow! Hate to hear about the shop man, we will be there tomorrow.

18. Thanks man. Haven't seen it yet but I'm excited too.

BloodyKnuckles

19. Tonight!!!

BloodyKnuckles

20. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

'And that's the way it was...........................'

21. Ron, due to circumstances beyond my control I won't make it to Goodguys or the Iron Lords party..

Missing Goodguys really isn't that big of a deal but I hate missing the Goodbye party,I hope you guys have a good turn out and take lots of photos. HRP

22. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Wow hate to hear this. Unfortunately I can't make it up that way but hope you guys have a great blowout. As HRP said we need pics. Hope your planning on finding a new place as well.

23. Channeling a few ghosts from 2010 - hate to see it end :( thanks for the memories none the less :rolleyes:
    DSC_0004.jpg DSC_0005.jpg DSC_0008-1.jpg DSC_0012-1.jpg DSC_0018-1.jpg DSC_0021-1.jpg DSC_0041.jpg DSCN2130.JPG DSCN2144.JPG DSCN2145.JPG DSCN2147.JPG DSCN2148.JPG DSCN2159.JPG

kidcampbell71 and Thulsa Doom like this.
  24. Thanks guys. It looks like it's going to be another big one.

BloodyKnuckles

25. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

Looks like a great place!! I apologize because I don't know the history of the Iron Lords, but I have a question: Why are you guys leaving this place?

26. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good to see everyone last night (especially Heather - hug,hug); sad to see that you're losing the clubhouse. There was a lot of good hot rodding done there. To whom does that gorgeous 57 Chevy belong ?

vic

PS: I can't stand you either, Boobie.

27. I hate you Uncle Vic...

BloodyKnuckles

28. Were are all the photo's?,,it's late afternoon Saturday,someone has to be sober by now!:D HRP

Merlin likes this.
  29. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Ya never know with that bunch!:cool:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  30. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

IMG_9743.JPG IMG_9743.JPG Great time seeing everyone Friday evening. Thanks again for having us and I can't wait to see what you guys have in store for the future! I did snap some pictures with my phone while we were there. Nothing special but fun to look at none the less.
    IMG_9665.JPG IMG_9673.JPG IMG_9674.JPG IMG_9678.JPG

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 and BloodyKnuckles like this.