Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Got some pin striping done this weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40Ford!!, Oct 12, 2015.

1. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I was able to get some real nice pin stripping done this weekend on my truck. Jason Wharton, from Salisbury MD, came to the house and did some killer work. If you are in southern Delaware or on Marylands Eastern Shore, let me know and I can out you in touch with a very nice and talented young buck. I just told him to do his own thing. All I did was pick the blue color tone. Hope you all like his work.

2. Looks good! HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Nice well placed work.

4. Very Cool looks Great!! Hobo Jim

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

6. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Nice,just enough.

7. Thanks for the comments. My daughter is designing some door art and I will post that hopefully soon. The doors need something as the vehicle is in primer now and without color it's just a lot of light gray. I hope to paint it all next winter.

8. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

I also like his work and the fact that he used a fatter line for the "Old Skool" look.!
    The use of colors really fits the truck well.

Pinstripping is interesting in knowing what type of lines to lay down depending on what your stripping.
    Older rods look better with a fatter line while many other cars, trucks and bikes look better with a thin line.

The low rider craze in many parts of the country really kept many strippers busy because these guy's want the entire car done pinstripped from the hood all the way back to the truck area and the dash board.

I like the way it turned out. Jimbo

9. haychrishay

haychrishay

10. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

11. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Guys, please, it's STRIPING.
    Stripping is something completely different that I enjoy seeing as much, if not more, than striping.

12. stangman05gt

stangman05gt
    from illinois

Looks Great Dude!

13. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Looks good, I'm still looking for pictures of the pins you had stripped. :D

14. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I can't believe that guys keep stripping pins. :D:D
    What is so special on stripping pins of all things?
    I like stripping women myself :D:D
    It really is funny when someone posts talking all knowledgeable about something and then uses words with a totally different meaning from the subject they are discussing. :)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  15. Mike51Merc and Blue One, are you both happy now? I changed the post title. Now you can both go back to bitching about another thread.

16. verde742

verde742

go ahead, I'll get some popcorn":rolleyes:

17. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Just tryin' to help, no bitching intended, but I bet you'll never make that same error again.
    You're welcome.
    By the way, nice striping job.

18. Mike51Merc, well you are right about not making that mistake again so I guess you did teach me (and others) something, so thanks for that. I was never a good speller so spelling something wrong is no shock to me. I was just busting on you. No worries brother! Now can you tell me how to stop a leak in my T5 at the speedo housing? It's a new speedo cable and housing so I am guessing the 'O' ring is bad?

19. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Maybe your case is overfilled? Trans tilted too much?

20. The level is good and the angle is minimal so I'm guessing it is the O ring as I had it sitting with trans oil for several months and then I removed it to adjust the tunnel and bingo.....a new leak. Maybe I got some tiny piece of something in there or the O ring is just not seated. I will let you know if the new O ring fixes the problem.