Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The 2015 Bayou Round Up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Nice photos Blake!

BLAKE likes this.
  2. wex65

wex65
    from WV

Cool photos @BLAKE , lovin' that shot of Bob Hilton and I lined up outside Black's Oyster Bar.

BLAKE likes this.
  3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Geeezzzz @BLAKE - those rolling photos... So good...

BLAKE likes this.
  4. BLAKE

BLAKE

Thanks for the kind words, fellas!

5. steveb

steveb

Sounds good to me, but it's up to the organizers. We'll see what happens.

6. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

This show was awesome. I absolutely loved the venue. The coliseum was so cool. When we got tired of walking around, we would go inside and cop a squat on the bleachers and just hang out. I can't wait to go again next year.

beatnikontinental and BLAKE like this.
  7. BELLM

BELLM

We kept our 4 yr old grandson while daughter and her husband and friends went. Friday morning about 9:30 Cindy said "wish I was waking up in Layafette this morning". By 11am were were packed and rolling. Best weekend all year, reminded me of the early days of Lone star Roundup. Great show, great to see old friends and meet new ones!

beatnikontinental and BLAKE like this.
  8. Thank you folks for all the kind words and for coming out to support the new show - it was exciting for us to try something new and after spending time in Lafayette and finding Blackham Coliseum as the backdrop - we knew we had something special in store for everyone.

It was just as much fun for us to put it on as it was for you folks to come enjoy it - and we will definitely be coming back.

Thanks for the great coverage of the show @Ryan and yeah - join us in the road trip out next year - it was a BLAST!

IMG_5187.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_9969.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_5258.jpg

Sancho, draider, 3dnsouth and 2 others like this.
  9. Love this shot @Ryan - prowling the streets of Lafayette with you and Keith in The Jewel was great!

191.jpg

draider likes this.
  10. Patrick73RS

Patrick73RS
    from Houston

Thanks to the people who set this show up and the folks who had to work. I'll be attending this in the future. Great food, amazing atmosphere and perfect weather. Thanks to those who brought their cars. I've seen Paul and the Hilton cars at Austin, Syracuse and Lafayette all in the same year. It's not always easy getting cars To the shows so I just want to say thanks and it's greatly appreciated!!!
    Countdown till the next show has started...

beatnikontinental likes this.
  11. Great story Ryan. The beginning sounds familiar to me. Little motivation to go there, just another car show. But then, WOW. Bottom line we should always expect the unexpected :cool:

12. Looks and sounds like a great event....

13. Nice lookin' show, great venue. Wish I coulda made it, just wasn't in the cards. It's a shame the LSR and Austin can't put the genie back in the bottle and find an old spot similar. Then again, maybe this was that attempt. Love Austin and the folks there, gotta be a classic spot 'round there somewhere. I'm sure LaFayette will be a great addition, off to a good start. Hey, common denominator - Kontinentals, gotta be good right? Thanks fellas, appreciate the hard work! Thanks for capturing some great shots and postin' 'em up Blake n Ryan.

BLAKE likes this.
  14. Fuel to burn

Fuel to burn

man I couldn't go, family, friends, and work; all the usual reasons. I KNEW it would be great, with the Kontinentals putting it on and Lafayette is a great town, I've been there before and it feels a lot like old Austin.
    I missed the first Round-Up and went to every one since, I guess it will be the same with this show.

15. All that and you also got out of going to a wedding?:cool:

16. What an interesting looking show, and that is coming from someone who has never been a big fan of indoor shows. As a side note, the photos posted Blake posted are extremely beautiful! WOW!

BLAKE likes this.