Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Secret Power of the HAMB...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Hudson52sam

Hudson52sam

Had a slip up on a post, didn't read the rules, but it was handled real good and friendly, have used H.A.M.B for along time before I joined, would Google search for help with a project and would always get led to a post on here, would love to meet some more like minded gear heads, and the post I made had a 79 Chevy c10 in it and thats a no, no , thats actually the reason why I got rid of that truck was to new.but enuff ramble ,looking forward to learning more and meeting new gear heads :)

2. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

You need to come out of your shell, be a little more outgoing, ya know like friendlier, LOL LOL

B:rolleyes:B

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    Squablow, ProEnfo, hrm2k and 4 others like this.
  3. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I wouldn't have a land speed record at bonneville if it were not for the HAMB I've been to every drag race since the beginning haven't raced at all of em but been there I've met many good friends here and continue meeting them every day Ryan you created a great place for all us motorheads to hang out and for that I can't thank you enough

hotrodharry2 likes this.
  4. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

HA! We call that potato delight or disco fries, substitute in melted cheddar. Man I can go for some now!

5. flamingokid

flamingokid

I've met guys at car shows who have the most HAMB friendly ride and the attitude to go with it,that have never heard of the HAMB.I've turned a lot of folks on to it over the years and have had many thank me once they tuned in.I've received way more than I've given,but I hope to contribute more in the coming years.Kudos to the site that I go to before my first cup of java every morning.Thank you,everybody and long live the Hokey Ass Message Board ;)

Dave Downs and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  6. That's good, solid advise right there. OR... embrace it. You could always change your name to
    "Ignore List Larry" You know.... if you want to stay angry and foul mouthed..... dadgummit.

7. The CrossMembers CC was born out of the HAMB. The core group of the club all met here. Now we've been around close to 6-7 years or so, with 87 members spread all over the US and one in Australia. Thanks Ryan.

AND: I wouldn't be building a 40 Ford right now if it wasn't for the information and encouragement, parts, help, skill that came from here.

8. Cheese curds rule! There is a bbq restaurant between Ledos pizza and Giant in Dunkirk that sells fried cheese curds. Go try um out Don!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Cheese Curds rule, both fresh and French Fried.

Take it from a cheese head. But I don't know about the gravy.

Best French Fried Curds in the world are at the Minnesota State fair grounds.

Best fresh ones are from the Ellsworth Creamery in Ellsworth Wisconsin.

B:)B

Weaverville Studios likes this.
  10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

obviously I'm not on your Ignore List
    ...and I'm not angry...I'm a card carrying asshole

11. von Dyck

von Dyck

to volvobrynk: Does Denmark have Walmart stores? They likely have white socks in stock. Get several pairs and complete the '50s correct look!

Just an observation: no Deuce rad shell? Nice to see the stainless shell!

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. brady1929

brady1929

Well if the HAMB was so powerful, then someone would have built a frame for 3wLarry!

sodbuster, lothiandon1940 and 3wLarry like this.
  13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

and if you change, I'll put you on MY ignore list...Ya cranky ol' bastard...

lothiandon1940 and 3wLarry like this.
  14. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

WHAT???!!!:eek::mad:
    :p

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  15. Tn. Trash

Tn. Trash

Don`t feel bad Larry, I`ve been called the president of AAA. :rolleyes:

16. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Larry.....
    Hey Bubba,Don't go changing to try and please me.:mad:

3wLarry likes this.
  17. .................Okay, now you got me thinkin' and that's a scary thing. I've been in that place for pork B-b-que but never really looked that closely at the menu.

Nailhead Jason likes this.
  18. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry, couldn't resist the temptation :rolleyes:

19. compoutain = hamb and cheese curds

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  20. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

For those of you who don't know Bob K, HE IS one of those guys I'm talking about!-- A true blue bud that would give you the shirt off his back (even if you asked him to keep it on)- HA! I love you Bob!!

21. The people, moreover the friends I have made thru the HAMB have changed my life for the good. The HAMB keeps on introducing me tom more and more like-minded car people in my area that most likely will also become new friends as well.

daddy_o's_diner and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  22. Stop in and ask when they are making there Ruben balls...the owners wife makes them at home and then brings them in around November. Use caution though they may have crack in them as they are highly addictive...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  23. Deadbird

Deadbird

Amen to that! Bob is a fine example of what's great about the HAMB. I've met a lot of awesome people here and made some lifelong friendships. Long live the HAMB!

24. autobilly

autobilly

"Kumbaya" or not, this is all true!
    For a long time no body really got us as purist individuals spread around the world. Although Trad is now trendy and everyone's an expert, it's been good to have access to a world of like minded, truly knowledgeable, old car nuts through the HAMB.
    Thankyou (again) to Kripfink, Hemi32 and Axle who have all shown me kindness and generosity because of our connection on here.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    hrm2k likes this.
  25. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

We have them avalible, I just choice to not where them!

Dispite being as pale as the come, and from the deep south, it's black only for me.
    Did that came out racist?

26. BELLM

BELLM

Last weekend was a perfect example, went to the Bayou Roundup, mostly to see friends from the HAMB that I normally see only once a year. Wasn't disappointed! Leaving Layafette stopped for gas, young guy in a cool little hot rod truck at a gas pump, Alliance tag on the firewall. Introduced myself, met another HAMB brother. Amazes me how many good friends I would have never met if not for the HAMB.

volvobrynk and lothiandon1940 like this.
  27. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

28. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Great seeing you & Cindy, see you in the spring in Austin

B:)B

29. There's a deep South in Denmark? HRP

30. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

I think white socks are an American thing. Most of my non American friends make fun of white socks wearing Americans :)

lothiandon1940 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.