Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 62 Comet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fordguy321, Jun 30, 2010.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Cool, do you have any pictures of it from a side profile? I've kind stalled on my Ranchero for the last week or two, too many customer projects and too damn hot. Would love to see your car from the side though so I can see the new stance.

2. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

Some recent pics!

UGH TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES:mad:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  3. jflatley

jflatley

Hey man,

I like those wheels on there. What are they? I am looking to upgrade from the 13" stockers on mine. I have the same car. Definately say fender skirts, it makes the car.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

Ive never seen skirts on a comet! I like it!!! ..... The chrome wheels were givin to me, they are incorrect 4 lug someone ovaled the holes out, i bolted them on for a pic. but then i put some 14inch steels on from a mustang and the comet hubcaps fit. Though i have put bout 10k miles on it since last year and on my wedding night a tire seperated. so i put the 13 stockers back on since the 13's still had the fuzzys ont he tread. might as well wear them out. good tires just small for looks. i WANT steel chromes of course but 4 lug there basically not existant. i started collecting parts to convert to 5 lug. ............ Im gonna have to post some recent pics of my comet

5. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

parked with my buddys 61

Attached Files:

• 6162.jpg
      6162.jpg
      File size:
      130.4 KB
      Views:
  6. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

gettin ready for havasu

Attached Files:

7. jflatley

jflatley

I like the looks of those. I am looking for something like that for mine. I don't like the stuff that is on the after market "modern" wheels. I have read and talked to a few companies that make the wheels but haven't decided on anything in particular.

8. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

gettin some drinks

Attached Files:

9. jflatley

jflatley

I like how everything in the photo is a bit blurry but the bar name sign.

10. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I thought S-22 was the designation for all the 6cyl cars with bucket seats and the Dagenham English 4-speed stick on the floor.

11. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

some old pics earleir this year to havasu

Attached Files:

12. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

Where'd you find those chrome steelies with the bullet center?? I'd love a pair of those!

13. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

i bought some tires off craiglist. we were bsing and he had those 4lug 14'' steelies but they were chevy pattern and some one ground them out so he gave them to me for free. the bullets are just ones you buy off ebay that i had from another car. the wheels are nice so i had to try it. the pic of my car with those wheels only lasted one day. i drove it to work and the lug nuts loosend due the hole being opened up and i used reguler acorn nuts. i was thinking i could get the mag nuts with washers like you would use on a regular unilug wheel. but i didnt wana risk a wheel falling off so i just put the mustang steels on with comet caps. theres is a guy right now in pheonix craglist selling a set of chrome steels 4 lug ford but they are 13''. still a step up from plain steal

14. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

im collecting parts to do 5 lug convert. im keeping this car for a long time so i might as well do what i want. but between this and my model A thiings progrrres real slowwwwww. as of now im working a deall with a buddy that paints to trade labor. i wana flake the roof. im gonna pull the glass have hime spray the roof. ill install the new headliner kit i bought 2 yrs ago. im hopin to have that done before the next cruise on central here in pheonix

15. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

I have an extra set from the falcon I am contemplating on what to do with them... I am starting a new job this month and the better half will be bringing some more money into the house so my hope is to get some work done before winter comes. I have to bring the 61 back home and add that falcon front end and engine, mount the new rear into the 63, install the new tank and finish running the lines. I hope I can get the 200 running with some magic by my birthday.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

hell yeh. youve got some major restoration goin on there. 200's will literalyy run on hopes and dreams those are great reliable motors. hah on your side you work around the cold. here in az I work around the heat

17. Veach

Veach

That's one Awesome Ride really enjoyed it and good luck on your build

18. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Reminds me of what mine looked like about 10 years ago. (I know the body looked like ass)

Attached Files:

19. nuts4fords

nuts4fords

I love the 62 Comet one year body style/trim. They look sweet lowered with white walls. I have a soft spot for 60s Falcons and Comets and have owned and built various throught he years.

Currently this is my project. Sat in a garage since 73. All original and complete. No rust or accidents. Gonna build similar to the silver flake roof that you see here except it will be silver moss in color and astro supremes with white walls wheels. It will be switched over to a V8 suspension, rebuilts 1965 289 4V and falcon 4 spd T-10.

Attached Files:

20. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

I still can't get over how clean your new comet is man!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Have you ever noticed how the '62-'63 Comets and Falcons have the same contours on the side of the body, only in reverse?

Comet has a cove on the rear quarter. Falcons have a cove on the front fender.

The body line wraps around the front of a Comet to create an eyebrow over the headlights. The Falcon wraps around on the rear over the taillight.

22. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

23. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona