Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Transitorized regulator?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rolling Thunder, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Rolling Thunder

Rolling Thunder

Have this NOS part. Anyone know what it was used on? Found a couple of them in a bunch of parts I bought from a closed up parts store. Never seen one like it before. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Rolling Thunder

Rolling Thunder

Shot of plug

Attached Files:

3. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So, having owned quite a few of the Chevrolet plastic fantastic models over the years, I have some experience diagnosing and repairing the early GM attempts at pointless ignition systems pre-dating HEI. I Do not recognize this particular unit but it is familiar, the plug in particularly. This bears a resemblance to the TI (transistorized Ignition) module from a big block or LT-1 small block C-3 corvette. Not exact, but too close to be off too much. I think you are holding an early GM transistorized ignition module for a big block Camaro/Corvette/Chevelle/Elky 64 to 72 ish? (or LT-1 350). The General may have used them on other applications but I am not familiar. That's my guess, for what it's worth.
    upload_2015-10-19_21-54-46.png

Attached Files:

4. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Its a voltage regulator for early Delco 20DN alternators called Squirrel Cages . They came on heavy trucks and industrial applications. The original Delco part number was 9000590.

squirrel likes this.