Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Race of Gentlemen, 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Dec 17, 2014.

1. ELD

ELD

Barillaro Bros. driver Whittney Chaplin is an amazing piece of machinery also. whittney Chaplin.jpg

2. I dunno don't look like helmet head to me, but maybe that shot was taken before her first run. :)

3. Nobey

Nobey

Beautiful Beach Belly Babe!!!!

4. Pete

Pete

5. Pete

Pete

Women always make hot rods look better!

6. Driveway builder

Driveway builder

7. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

My sentiments exactly!

8. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Well Said...

9. mike bowling

mike bowling

And the opposite is true for guys!!
    The Barillaro car was amazing no matter how you looked at it ( and it went like hell too ). A big tip o' the hat to those boys for sure. Excellence in engineering AND driving!
    What do they have up their sleeve for 2016???? Stay tuned, kids!

Attached Files:

10. Thanks Mike,
    Believe me, the gears are turning and right now we have to focus on the work that pays the bills at the shop. Damn reality! We will be back in 2016 with something....

11. I went as a spectator and had a great time. The whole crowd was sunburned Sunday from Saturday showing that most folks came to see both days. I would love if it were possible to do the return road between the Jersey wall berm that was there and a another new berm 12 feet away and then the fence/viewing mounds/bleachers. As far as number of runs goes, I have been to "street drags" at big tracks and only had 3 runs all day, that is the norm. Again great time, Friday party was good, Saturday bands/bon fire was great, action was awesome.

IMG_9337.JPG IMG_9272.JPG

12. Oh yeh, how about an exhibition FED sand digger class with paddle tires?

13. ELD

ELD

NEW Videos
    The Race of Gentlemen - Day 2 by Chris Peters

Jessi Combs at The Race of Gentlemen (warning sponsor video may not be suitable for all audiences)

Ted Haarke from Long Island and his band of self-described idiots as they gear up to pound sand.

63fdsnr likes this.
  14. ELD

ELD

From the Press:
    Eye Candy: The Race of Gentlemen via Classic Cars.com
    staging-2.jpg
    Holding this event in Wildwood New Jersey, is in itself a sheer stroke of genius. When you drive into Wildwood, it is as if you took a time machine back to 1955. The entire town is a vintage throwback of 1950s America with kitschy hotels, diners and stores in abundance. The town and all its vintage appeal helps to make this event as great as it is. Read more.

Hot Rod Racing on the Beaches of Wildwood via Gear Patrol
    Race-of-Gentlemen-Gear-Patrol-Slide-1.jpg
    An announcer perched up in a lifeguard tower introduces each racer over the loudspeaker, then hands the attention over to the flag girl — a pretty blonde in white cut-off Harley-Davidson Service overalls, standing barefoot in the sand between the two rumbling cars. Revs peak, the flag drops, sand flies, and the cars tear down the 1/8-mile seaside drag strip. This is the Race of Gentlemen. Read more/Photo Essay

Smearing Smiles on Faces at The Race of Gentlemen [Gallery] via Driving Line
    The-Race-of-Gentlemen-2015-TROG-KCline-IMG_4631b (1).jpg
    Taking place on the sands of Wildwood Beach, New Jersey, The Race of Gentlemen matches pre-’47 motorcycles and pre-’35 cars with pre-’53 parts in head-to-head drag races down the shoreline. And when they say “pre-‘35” they don’t mean a 1934 Ford with a small block stuffed in the engine bay – they mean a completely period correct hotrod how the fellas coming home from the war would’ve built ’em, including engine, suspension, transmission, the works. Read/View More..

The Race Of Gentlemen - 2015 via The God Speed Company
    TROG_2015_ALLAN_GLANFIELD-16.jpg
    With the Vegas-like neon signs hanging over the motels and diners of the 1950’s Doo-wop era, the old town of Wildwood is the perfect setting for a group of vintage race cars and motorbikes. Making our way across the beach towards the water, it felt as if we were crossing a small desert with a mirage of activity forever lingering in the distance. Read/View more

The Faces of TROG Racers By Cory Piehowicz
    1557b271fd9820ea-0P8A8370.jpg
    Appearing unexpectedly through the crowd at the Thursday night party for the Wet and Windblown Few held after the decision was made to postpone, original Oilers Club member Quint Meland in his original 1957 club jacket made his way to the bar where introductions were made, smiles, handshakes and back slaps were exchanged and stories were swapped. The next weekend Quint was behind the wheel of Club member Al Clarkes pick-up barreling down the track having the time of his life. See more of these amazing portraits here.

The Race of Gentlemen (with Fuji X and Canon 70D) By James Conley
    IMG_1448-Edit-680x461.jpg
    Every October, tattooed and heavily bearded men (and a few women) gather in Wildwood, New Jersey, and take over a section of the beach. With beer on tap, loud music, and louder motorcycles and cars, this motley crew waits for the tide to recede and then grinds up the sand racing antique vehicles down a quarter-mile. Read/View more..

63fdsnr likes this.
  15. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nothing I love more than lining up and timing a nice shot and having some dude jerk his head into frame as I take the pic...

[​IMG]
    My sentiments exactly...
    [​IMG]

16. Now that's better (wish I'd gotten the entire flag in the shot)...

[​IMG]
    She keeps her feet warm by never actually touching the sand...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This guy might have had more fun than anyone...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kidcampbell71, 63fdsnr and ELD like this.
  17. ELD

ELD

Angels can do that.

bengeltiger likes this.
  18. I believe it :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Proof. They even let Texan's in...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Hope you don't mind me bombarding this thread with photos...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

Thanks Andrew,, Good eye.

21. 117harv

117harv

Great thread with awesome pics, thanks to all who put this on and to those who take the time and $$$ to build all the cars and bikes. Not to bring the thread down, but were any cars messed with or anything stolen, at the show or motels? With large crowds like I worry about those who are there for nefarious reasons.

22. jkeesey

jkeesey

We had a blast. I probably won't be able to run my car again but my wife now wants her own.

Attached Files:

23. Incredible pictures Andrew! Great hanging out. It's been way, way too long! @Big A

BloodyKnuckles

24. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

The only thing I am MAD about it that I didn't get to run against Pete's Chopped Model A coupe :) would have loved to have seen pics of he and I lined up or hell even just next to each other for some pics. I loved his little coupe it just had the look.

Runnin shine likes this.
  25. Good to see you Ron. We had a blast and will be back next year, but I'll be down for Steel In Motion before then. Cheers brother.

26. Pete

Pete

Damn.... Those are nice pics.

27. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Read the whole post.What a great event,and amazing effort.To offer up his steed for battle shows me what kind of man Mel is.Another to add to my bucket list.

28. Love it button, please.