Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Trouble Maker" gets rolled outside for it's first time!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SinisterCustom, Feb 19, 2006.

1. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Spent the early morning tweaking my bed and making mounts for it. Found a couple of old rims to bolt up and rolled the rear under.
    The bed looked at first too long for the truck but once I rolled it outside it didn't look to bad. Whaddya all think??:)
    The rear axle is just tacked in with some tubing so I could roll it out. I've got to find some ladderbars or hairpins or something to locate it with a cross spring. Anybody got something that may work??:confused: I've got stuff to trade in the classifieds.
    I got the engine block back from the machine shop. Now I need to take the rotating assembly in for balancing. I'll get it assembled and mocked up for motor mounts in a couple weeks.
    More pics to come.

Josh

2. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well on your way to a kool truck. I think the bed looks OK. But I know you ain't buildin it for me. I might match the bed rails to the belt line vs raking the bed, but that's probably just mock-up. I like it.

3. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

good stance, hang in.

4. TINGLER

TINGLER

I think the bed looks good.

5. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

yea... im diggin the bed length.

nice look, decent stance too. not too tall (aint that right Tingler? :D ) and not in the dirt neither. just the kinda look im hoping for in my willys PU project

keep chuggin! gonna be a sweet ride :cool:

6. ratfink666

ratfink666
    from new jersey

Very nice.......... it looks cool

7. Nightfire

Nightfire
    from Canada

Right on!

Mike

8. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Looking good. What motor are you using?

9. Must feel good............................mmmmmmmmmmm. Keep those pictures comming.

10. Looking good ...keep us updated..i would like to see some more pics :D

11. famous59

famous59
    from dallas, tx

Looking good - I like it. I agree with theHIGHLANDER, match up the bed to the belt line. But it is what you like. looks good man !

12. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'll be lining up the top bed rails with the body line when all is said and done. Motor will be a traditional........SBC. For now anyway. Just don't have the coin at the moment to build the flathead I have.
    The truck will be a few inches lower once I get the motor and trans in but not in the weeds. I live on a dirt road withdeep potholes.:eek:

Josh

13. ckdesigns

ckdesigns
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ogden,Utah

I also like the bed you can still use it to haul stuff. Nice work.