Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Kenny`s Rod and Kustom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vivalahotrod, Oct 16, 2015.

1. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

It has been a long time since I have posted on this board. Mostly because life just takes over and things happen.

Anyway, The reason for this post is I need some help.

I bought a set of `32 commercial headlights from Kenny`s Rod and Kustom a year ago that cost me something like $395-$400 or something like that. Well, after lots of patience and many phone calls later the only answer I get it " I don`t know what to do" or " I will not refund your money"
    I have explained to Kenny himself that I moved and have provided a forwarding address to the post office and to Kenny, Still not parts.
    So long story short. I`m out the cash, out the parts and now `am only getting responses of " I`m not refunding your money and will not send out another set of parts" and getting hung up on.

Kenny has been in business for 28 years so this is not the response I would expect from a company that has been so highly recommended by fellow hot rodders.

I need help, I don`t know what to do.

Joe

2. chris' 38

chris' 38

Did you get a tracking number? Doesn't seem to be Kenny's fault.

3. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

I was never provided a tracking number.
    Their shipping department can`t even provide a date as to when the parts where shipped. Kenny o

4. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

The only thing that can be tracked is when my credit card was charged by Kenny. No tracking number was provided.

5. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

I would go to my bank and tell them to you never received the merchandise and to refund your money to you

6. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

^^^
    Sounds good in theory. I will have try that in the morning

7. alchemy

alchemy

So you told Kenny to mail them to one address, then you moved without telling him? Then after the fact you call and ask where your parts are? Please clarify why this is Kenny's fault.

If the Post Office was supposed to forward, but didn't, isn't that the Post Office's fault?

8. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

States in first post that he informed post office and Kenny. Not taking sides

9. alchemy

alchemy

But he didn't say what order he did the moving and notifications. Lots of importance there.

1927graham likes this.
  10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

one year is most likely too long to use your credit card to get the money back. it will not hurt to try. not sure why a person would wait that long.

sounds like Kenny is a dumb ass if he is shipping $400.00 items without insurance and tracking, but it looks like he won this one.

of course we only have half the story here.

kiwijeff and 3wLarry like this.
  11. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

I'm not taking sides, regardless of shipping address changes, if I can supply a company the date they took my payment, but they can't provide a date when my order was filled or was shipped I'd be upset too. On the other side, I wouldn't have waited a year to take action either.

12. I bought tons of stuff off EBay from them without the slightest problem. Always great parts, prices and service.

There's got to be a mistake somewhere.

13. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

Slow mail is something you get used to when shipping to a military address overseas, but a year is is ridiculous. Yes I informed Kenny`s company and the post office of the address change 2 months before my move.
    The most important thing is Kenny and his company is unable to provide a tracking number, insurance for the package and plain `ol good customer service.

Guess I have to eat the monetary loss and Kenny`s family can enjoy a steak & lobster dinner...my treat.

14. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

I'd never use USPS for shipping items as large and expensive as these headlights. They have a habit of losing items and not being able to find them, ever. Or maybe a decade from now those headlights may show up. Unless the customer requested USPS then the seller should be responsible for choosing that miserable service. I ship hundreds of packages per year, I will use USPS Priority Mail for the smaller less expensive items, never for something as large or expensive as we're talking about here. That was a dumb move. Getting the Post Office to investigate and find a lost item is extremely difficult to impossible.

15. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

It depends on which service he used, but he likely didn't get a tracking number himself if he used Parcel Post. If he shipped it Priority Mail he would have. Who decided which shipping service to use?

16. alchemy

alchemy

If you told Kenny before the move, then it is his fault.

I've used USPS for many high-dollar parts shipped overseas. But I always insure for full value. Never lost one yet. Knocking on wood now.

17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

you placed order by phone or online? never sent a receipt via email/snail mail? I only find a eBay store with online search - order through eBay? how long did you wait to start contacting them about not receiving parts? a full year?

18. perrytudor32

perrytudor32
    from uk

bought quite a bit of stuff from kennys,never a problem and im in the uk.

19. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

sold $100,000.00 worth of car junk and collectibles over a 5 year period on ebay. 2300 feedbacks so probably 3,000 sales. I had one long piece of stainless trim get bent in shipping, which was my fault since I shipped it in a log box and it should have gone in a mailing tube, and another item got "lost" in transit to the UK though I think the guy just ripped me off. I shipped everything that would fit within their weights and dimensions through them.

I find it hard to believe that I am just some lone lucky bastard who never had a problem with USPS since I have no luck at all in any other aspect of my life. I would have no problem shipping a $400.00 item through them if I ever started selling again.

1927graham likes this.
  20. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Sorry, but as a business, he should have shipped with insurance!

21. Sometimes call from a lawyer will open a sellers eyes and pocket .
    No receipt? no tracking, no date of shipping, no insurance......
    You did wait a long time to take action.

22. moefuzz

moefuzz

I am starting to think that the day and age of USPS is on the (hard) decline.

Nowadays, I search first on eBay and eBay will even list things from cheapest to most expensive (including shipping)

And now with eBay's new Global Shipping program, 30 pound boxes (like headlights)
    that I used to pay $80 (international shipping) are about $35 -includes tracking too.

International shipping times have dropped from ~5 weeks to 7 business days.
    The item is shipped to my door and not to a post office (I don't stand in line while overpaid ducks waddle about behind the counter)

And, there is a money back guarantee.

And the best for last...

15 years ago when I first started using eBay, things would go missing or get damaged regularly.
    Now with the Global Shipping, Every Package that Was Honestly Shipped -Arrives with tracking
    -All for far less money.

Thank You Ebay.

Screw you Post office
    Even bigger Fukk you to UPS.

In this day and age, a person has more options than the slowest waddling -don't give a fukk-
    wait your turn-up the bum fukkers.

??A person has to ask themselves, At what point do I become so disgruntled that I start to think outside of the box?

kiwijeff likes this.
  23. moefuzz

moefuzz

Lawyers are of no use across international borders,
    And not too surprisingly, Neither is customer service -Who needs international customer service anyway?
    "Regina Saskatchewan?? phfffft - fukk em".

24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Seems more than a little odd to me...

25. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

One thing I KNOW about this case......Viva is a STAND UP guy......it doesn't seem like Kenny's want to help out here........

26. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

I've shipped a lot of parts all over the world, using USPS, and have no complaints. I had one package coming to me from Australia where the shipping label got torn off. The label arrived, the package didn't. That took some work to get resolved, because the sender has to request the trace. In the end, the package got returned to the sender, then shipped again, and it arrived ok.

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I always use USPS to ship to Canada as well, they don't charge any bogus "brokerage fee". I've bought a ton of stuff, it all seems to show up.

28. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

I'd say 'tough'. You waited a year. Can you return something to a store a year later? Typically?
    $400 isn't small change to some, I would have called when it didn't first arrive. I ordered it, I'd be a waitin' and want to know quickly where it was.
    And how do they know you never really got it? Did it need to be signed for?
    Seems kinda too late to make a fuss if you didn't make a move on your part in the beginning.

2racer likes this.