Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1930 ccpu av8 fire wall

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 30ccpu, Oct 8, 2015.

1. 30ccpu

30ccpu

Hi all iam wondering if I can fit the flat head with out haveing to cut up the fire wall. I plan on useing the Standard rear end with a 39 trans and about a 46 sidey

2. What is a "46 sidey"? I would guess it is a side shift transmission but you said you are using a '39 trans. Stick with the pre 1949 engines and I think it will go in with a little planning. Should be a ton of data in the archives. Include your general location and someone nearby might have one you could look at.

Charlie Stephens

3. grim1930

grim1930
    from Norfolk UK

Hi I am not good at posting pictures but if you look at the album in my profile page you will see some pictures of the frame of my RHD 30 ccpu with a flathead

4. I had a '30 A-V8 once. Just used 1/4" aluminum sheet recessed a few inches.

5. Non American slang for sidevalve engine. AKA, flathead.

Also I am assuming by 'standard' rear end he means stock, as in the A bone one.

6. 30ccpu

30ccpu

Thanks grim1930 I will check it out

7. 30ccpu

30ccpu

Yes standard a rear end is already running juice brakes so thought I will just stick with it

8. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

Bolt motor to trans and hook it up to your stock a torque tube and rear end. This should set you where you need to be.