Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Who might cover my 29 Model A bows here in Michigan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Oldbill51, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Oldbill51

Oldbill51

Hi guys, I have got a set of bows pretty well set up, but have no idea how or where to get my top sewed up. I was wondering if anyone might know of a skilled and willing person to perform that function. Also, I would think that they would need the car in order to make it fit, so someone relatively close to my mid Michigan location would be a plus. The windshield has a 2 inch chop, and the stanchions are leaned back a little.

Thanks in advance,
    Bill

2. You might try Ray Kulakowski(the Ragman);I think he still does tops.Did a lot of stuff for the A Brothers back in the day. His shop is called Trim Tech and I believe he is located in Hillsdale(right on M-34).Sorry I can't supply the phone # because my phone died today and it is in the memory.

Oldbill51 likes this.
  3. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I'm surprised that you even have to ask.
    You have Rod Tops right there in Ellsworth Michigan.
    www.rodtops.com

Oldbill51 likes this.
  4. Oldbill51

Oldbill51

Thanks Safariknut, I found his number on the interweb, and I'll give him a call.

Blue One, I did know of Rod Tops, and I had the understanding that they are a total top, frame and all kind of a business. As stated above, my frame is pretty much done, just need someone to sew up the canvas.

Thanks to the both of you.

5. terry48435

terry48435

Rod Tops will make a top to fit your frame.

6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That's true, when I had my RPU there for a custom frame and top this summer, there was a pretty much stock restored model A in the shop that they were just finishing up and had put a top on based on stock ( repro ) model A bows.