Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 'alternative' hershey vendor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aplaceinmyheart, Oct 5, 2015.

1. aplaceinmyheart

aplaceinmyheart
    from NJ

Newbie here! Be Kind, please :D Thanks.
    I will be going to Hershey this year as my second year as a VENDOR which is exciting. I've attended Hershey on and off since 1979 in some form, whether in utero, in wagon, or on foot with my dad! (WAY more frequently we went to Englishtown, or Carlisle)

QUESTION:
    Next to the actual car parts/tools table for sale (my dad's!):

I will have a table. I will be selling: some car miniatures, handmade tee shirts, jewelry, and various other things with a classic car theme. I will also have some vintage household, kitsch, & various items from my personal inventory. WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE THERE FOR THE LADIES AND THE KIDS? THAT IS THE MARKET I AM TRYING TO REACH! I want to appeal to the ladies and the children that may just be there with their men and would like to do some "other" shopping.

What should I have for sale? Seriously. name it. I am looking for any and all suggestions!

Will any of you be at Hershey? Anyone know Bruce Lancaster?

mtwalsh23 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. oldolds

oldolds

You will be doing your dad a favor. Having a "Woman's World" table stops the ladies a bit that way the guy gets time to look at the car parts a bit longer. Make sure that your table is easily visible, near front of booth. I have taken costume jewelry at times, it works. Sells good too.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. aplaceinmyheart

aplaceinmyheart
    from NJ

thank you for replying. sounds good. Yes, I was thinking I'd bring some jewelry. What else do you think would be good? How did you display yours? thanks.

4. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Never been to Hershey, but what stops women that I know.
    Art prints, old luggage, tables, costume jewelry, bags.

shiny stuff, sparkly stuff

5. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wife says; jewelry, handbags, home made chocolates or fudge. And where are you going to be??

6. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Be Careful, Ive seen women stands shut down because they didnt meet the car parts criteria

7. ..........................Oh Yeah! That works for me.:D

lothianwilly71 and wraymen like this.
  8. Women like to buy from other cute women in sexy clothing, the more the merrier. I will stop by and help with crowd control. Trust me on this one.

9. I could be wrong but I believe Hershey has a 90-10 ruling where 90% must be auto related merchandise so it doesn't become a JunkFest like Englishtown became. How well they enforce that I can't say.

10. no, leave that crap at home.
    cart parts or transportation related only.
    that stuff is flea market and tag sale crap.

11. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Exactly, not driving hours to look at flea market junk. Have a yard sale if you want to reach women and kids.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  12. aplaceinmyheart

aplaceinmyheart
    from NJ

You are not wrong. They do indeed have the 90/10 ruling when you sign the contract. We have 2 booths. My stuff is definitely 90% or more auto related. And my father's booth is 100%. I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I will be bringing "junk and crap" thanks for the reply!

13. aplaceinmyheart

aplaceinmyheart
    from NJ

I do make wonderful fudge but we are not allowed to sell food, alas.

14. k9racer

k9racer

I will try to be positive here, Yard art. If its automotive related it would be much better. If not any thing made with steel, things that look like flowers ,animals, or anything that looks pleasing to the eye. Good thing this is a kinder more gentle HAMB or the fecal mater would be hitting the fan.

aplaceinmyheart likes this.
  15. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

It pisses me off when I go to an automotive swap meet and I have to wade through a bunch of vendors selling flea market stuff

mtwalsh23, lothianwilly71 and X38 like this.
  16. Car parts or cars or woman!!!!!

17. badshifter

badshifter

Selling 32 ford parts painted pink will attract all the buyers you can handle, women and men.

18. I have been going to swap meets for more than 45 years and when I see a vendor selling yard sale items I keep walking. HRP

19. "cart parts" Is that a Freudian slip? As in golf cart. Man we are all getting older:(, Carlisle looked like the Indy 500 for scooters and carts and Charlotte was even worse.

20. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wife and I went to Hershey yesterday. I haven't been in a number of years and she had never been. This thread got her interested enough to see what it was all about. I honestly think there was more gas pumps, oil signs, model cars, bikes and misc. rig-a-maro than car parts. We counted at least six woman's fur coats for sale. Although the Packard guys were there in full force. And like Mr. Wraymen said, you had to look out for carts, scooters and mini-bikes at every crossing. I'm thinking unless I have nothing else to do next time. Not even grass to cut. I won't be going back. P.S. other than spending on HiGh priced food. I spent 2.00 and my wife spent 4.00.

wraymen and lothiandon1940 like this.
  21. pitman

pitman

^ Gotta stay clear of those N.O.S. hotdogs!

wraymen and lothiandon1940 like this.