Register now to get rid of these ads!

Foxton turn signal kit problem

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vetteson, Mar 15, 2012.

1. vetteson

vetteson

Has anyone used one of the vintage Foxton turn signal kits in their car? They have been available on Ebay for some time. They are finished in cad. and have a green indicator on the end of the arm. There is an error in the wiring diagram. Has anyone noticed it or figured out the correct wiring?

2. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I used one recently on our 32 in conjuction with a rebel wire kit. we used the foxton instuctions , not the rebel for the turn signals. Also used a single seperate flasher unit as per instructions the foxton system didnt seem to want to tie in with rebels 2 flasher unit system. All works great.
    As an aside we live 2 miles from a town called "Foxton".

3. choptvan

choptvan

No error in wiring to my knowledge. What problem are you having inparticular?

4. vetteson

vetteson

There is a specific error in the wiring diagram. The wire numbers 3 and 4 do not correspond to the same locations in the diagram and the color chart.

Attached Files:

5. choptvan

choptvan

Never noticed that before. Try reversing 3 and 4. In other words, 3 in place of 4 and 4 in place of 3.

6. vetteson

vetteson

choptvan, which did you follow, the diagram or the color chart i.e. did dark blue 3 go to rear or front?

7. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

Has anyone managed to get this Foxton turn signal unit to work with the two prong Flasher relay? Please post your wiring diagram or explain the wiring if you have.

8. Hey Jimmy Tee, I have a 2 terminal flasher hooked up to a foxton unit. Don't forget that in the U.S. the brake light circuit is connected to the flasher circuit, so it is pretty much useless down here. If you PM me your email address, I can send you the circuit.
    Does yours have the light on the end of the stalk?

9. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

Cheers dude. PM sent. Maybe put it on here for others to see also.

10. 24riverview

24riverview

Whichever wire (3 or 4) that has continuity to number 5 with the switch "off" is the rear.

11. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Two 1n4001 diodes connected like this: both banded ends connected together then connected to #7. Other ends of diodes are connected to wire #2 and #3 (one diode per wire)

12. CCF07102015_00000.jpg
    This is how mine is wired up. This will only work when used as an indicator circuit alone, not connected to the brake lights (Like in the U.S.)