Register now to get rid of these ads!

Daley Auto Salvage in Columbus, TX

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by foghorn62, Aug 20, 2011.

1. foghorn62

foghorn62

Does anyone know if Daley Auto Salvage in Columbus Texas is still there and operating?

2. guitarmook

guitarmook
    from Austin, TX

3. foghorn62

foghorn62

Thanks. I'm trying to see if anyone has actually been there recently. They used to have a lot of old stuff, but I see they have changed their name to Daley Iron and Metal. I'm wondering if they have gone the same way as a lot of other salvage yards and started crushing and grinding their inventory.

4. JJK

JJK

They had some great stuff about ten years ago on my last visit.

5. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Two years ago, on our way to the Round UP a guy at SHOBELS CAFE told us they had crushed all the good stuff that was left..

6. foghorn62

foghorn62

That's what I was afraid of. This seems to be a common occurrence these days, but while my truck is in Bruce's for some much needed fine tuning, I didn't have anything else to do on a 104 degree afternoon in south Texas, so I decided to make the two hour drive out to see what I could see for myself. On the way I stopped by the place in Industry TX that many of us know and sadly it has been totally cleaned out. Nothing but an empty field there anymore.

But Daley's in Columbus is still there. Of course by the time I got there it was closed, so I snapped a few photos of what I could see from the fence. It's obviously in the process of scaling down, so if it looks like there is anything you may be interested in, you better get there quick, because this stuff is on borrowed time and chances are that by this time next year it won't be there anymore. Mostly 50s and 60s, but there is some 40s stuff still there. I couldn't see very far back into the trees, but there is obviously more back there.

I normally would be more secretive about my "honey holes", but at the rate these places are disappearing, we all need to get out there and save what we can.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. he still has some cars but not like he had, he went through a divorce and that is why he had to crush cars. His ex was a real Doosie.... trust me he didnt want to crush the old cars but it was in the courts and attorney's hands at that point

I still go out there and was a regular weekend visitor when he had all of the cars

8. foghorn62

foghorn62

Man, that sucks! That would be like having my ex wife's lawyer tell me that I have to shoot my dog. I'd have to fight that one to the end.

9. I'd shoot the lawyer first

10. Criscobath

Criscobath

Is Daley's still around or all gone?