Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage TROG DELAYED - What to do?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 1, 2015.

1. dieselbronco

dieselbronco
    from jamesburg

We are still waiting on our hotel. But we will be there with a new car and the 3 pictured above to fill any void of no shows. Hope the beach fares well and the other racers and myself will put on the best show we can.

2. Pete

Pete

Dudes..... It's gonna be off the hook! Shit happens, uncontrollable shit!!! Like diarrhea in the mall parking lot or having to take a piss while in the pool.

3. mike bowling

mike bowling

If I had to choose between a cat and the race, I'd have a new pair of mittens. Meow!
    ( and pissing in the pool is better than having the parking lot issue in the pool!) EEEEEYOU!!!!!
    Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!!
    Let the Mayhem Commence!

3wLarry likes this.
  4. The37Kid

The37Kid

If you planned on being there this weekend you can kill next week at HERSHEY, then race on the 10th & 11th. Bob

62hotcat likes this.
  5. AA heart of wildwood went out of their way and called me to see if I wanted to reschedule. Their staying open an extra week. They have room

6. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Screen Shot 2015-10-02 at 7.54.17 AM.png

Probably one of the smartest things I have ever heard you say.

7. .
    So then your coming, Right?!?! @Jeff Norwell ;)

This next week is gonna be a long one... Leaving next Thursday.

Jeff Norwell and tikiwagon13 like this.
  8. jroberts

jroberts

Jalopy Joker is right. Even though the hurricane is not now expected to remain out in the Atlantic so much rain has fallen over the last week or so flooding is still expected. Maybe this won't affect the Jersey coast but I cannot imagine a beach area anywhere along the east coast not being affected. Good Luck to those making the scene.

62hotcat likes this.
  9. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

A couple stragglers

Attached Files:

10. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I wish Dave. next weekend is Thanksgiving here.,,,,and its always family first.

daddy_o's_diner likes this.
  11. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

We swapped out Canadian Thanksgiving for US Thanksgiving.

Get to go to TROG AND have turkey in November, allll good.

12. OneRustedDodge

OneRustedDodge

Where can I purchase this photo as a print? To everyone back there, stay safe. :D

13. dieselbronco

dieselbronco
    from jamesburg

That photo is by Tim Sutton

14. Pete

Pete

Hey guys.....

Just got off the phone with Mel. He's on the beach right now with the crew setting up the tents, banners and race structures!!

He said the beach is perfect and the best it's ever been, almost as if it's been conditioned.

This is awesome news!!!

See you guys this weekend.

kiwijeff likes this.
  15. Hell yeah! Fri cant come fast enough!

16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

17. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Off to Hershey tomorrow morning and then to Wildwood tomorrow night. Looking for some last minute speed parts and then its time to play in the sand.

18. tinsled

tinsled

Please advise rookie...
    I'll land on JFK late Thu night, rent a car and head off to Wildwood.
    After the Staten Island, which way would be best compromise:
    avoid too many tolls/travel fairly fast?
    US9 / Garden State Parkway / 35 / some other route?

Plan is to get to Neptune/Ashbury Park by midnight, overnight there, head south Fri morning.
    Thanks,
    TS

19. Can you even get out of new York without tolls? Bring some cash, or see if you can get an EZ pass at the airport or car rental agency. that way you can drive right through the tolls, makes life much easier.

20. tinsled

tinsled

No, of course not without tolls, I realize that...
    I should be more precise:
    Which route has the lowest tolls, yet not be super slow:
    US9 / Garden State PKW / road 35 ???

I'll ask for the EZ pass, would Dollar have them? What to pay for it?

P.S.
    Put the Beach Terrance motel, WW, NJ on your good list;
    I had reservation originally for Oct 2nd to 5th,
    they changed withouta fee to 9th to 11th when I called them 1st Oct (right after learned the TRoG was postponed)

21. The may, I got one from Enterprise once, and when I turned the car in a week later I just had to pay the toll amount. If they don't have one a lot of gas stations have them were they are prepaid and you just call a number to activate it, and you can add more money to it if you need to. Ill have one on my 51 on they up that's for sure just to get through DC on a Friday. as for the roads i'm not sure they are have tolls and I'm pretty sure they are all pricy. maybe someone else can help on that

22. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

Rental car company's issue EZ Passes for a fee take it because your gonna need it. head west on belt parkway toward veranzano bridge over to 278 west to 440 south over outer bridge to garden state parkway south to exit 4B

23. scotzz

scotzz

Rt 9 and 35 are both slow.....mainly two lanes with lots of lights. The GSP is the fastest and tolls are not all that much.

24. tinsled

tinsled

Thanks fellows! Off I go.
    See you in Wildwood.

25. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Looked @ that Wildwood NJ Cam, looked pretty good was I'm assuming that it was a "realtime" image. I think it said 79F. Have fun guys and take plenty of pix. Wish That I could play!!!!!!
    It must be "live" as the 1st 2 Hot Rods (Blacke full foundered Model A Coupe and a T? RPU) showed up to take pix. Thought that they were from CA.?
    If you listen as there is sound, Hot Rods/Bikes can be heard every so often as well as people talking. I just wish the camera could swing around to see a wider view, but Hey I'm happy to just have seen/heard this much. ;).

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  26. wuga

wuga
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just looked at the pictures from TROG. Looks like a pretty good turnout, especially with all the non-traditional cars attending. What’s with that? http://www.roddermagazine.ca/eventcoverage_15.htm#events

Go to the bottom of the page for lots of TROG pictures. Unfortunately, like Jeff, I was spending Thanksgiving and pulling the blower on my car. Also tore down the engine checking for any damage but everything was OK. TROG is still on my bucket list.

1930-ford-sedan-street-shaker-front.jpg

As for hotels, In January, I booked a room at the Quality Inn in Wendover for Bonneville Speed Week. They give you a much better rate, but say it is non-refundable. Well, the rains came, didn’t go. Called the hotel and

Asked for a refund……………..nope

Asked for a partial refund………………nope

Asked to use the monies for next year………………….nope

Called Visa, explained the situation…………………nope

Asked Visa to cover the expense under the card guarantee because the cancellation was not my fault, they feigned an investigation……………………..nope

I am out $1400 plus the points for a round trip flight.

Hotels and airlines and banks don’t give a damn once they have your money.

Oh well, back to re-installing the engine.

Warren

27. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

wuga - Thanks for link to pics