Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Panhard bar

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mandriano, Oct 3, 2015.

1. mandriano

mandriano
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have to change the complete front suspension in my 32. Presently I have hairpin radius arms, was contemplating using wishbone style arms instead, but not sure how to mount pan hard bar to the arms.

2. ken1939

ken1939

Are you using cross steering or the more traditional drag link on the driver side? I saw an article once where they made a custom bracket to attach to one side of the split wishbone near the front, and the rod attached to a bracket on the frame on the other side. No images to apply. I would think the amount of drop you have in the axle and if you are using a cross steer would ad another rod to deal with. I have also seen where the axle was drilled for a bracket to attach to.

3. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

Just 2 tabs welded on the inside of the right wishbone is all it needs.

4. Ole don

Ole don

I made an angle piece that was under two of the spring U bolt nuts, and a 3/16 angle under one of the four bar bolts on the right side. A heavy wall one inch tube with 7/16 or 1/2 hiems and squirt the hiems with WD 40 once a year. Mounted just behind the axle, its nearly out of sight.

5. On my '32 roadster I mounted it on the front axle. I welded tabs under the frame rail just behind spring line. Ran bar over to opposite end of axle beam, drilled hole in axle, welded in a stud and finished front side of axle so it doesn't show. Using heims on ends of bar, pretty invisible behind axle and spring. Did the same on my Model A years ago, works great.

6. Canuck

Canuck

Like Ken mentioned. Just welded two brackets to radius rod. Also incorporated a mount for the end of a steering damper at the same time. Other side is mounted to a bracket below frame.

Canuck Damper Panhard Bar to Radius Rod Mount.JPG