Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest KIWI KONNECTION / CALIFORNIA ROADSTER CO.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TrueBritt, Sep 19, 2014.

1. TrueBritt

TrueBritt
    from Utah

I would like to just take a minute and give a little plug to Duane Jones. Earlier this year I was looking to have a chassis built for my Model A project and after asking around and doing some research I had decided to go with a 32 chassis pinched for a Model A by Kiwi Konnection. I have never regreted that decision, Duane was excellent to work with and was always helpfull. I felt like there was an open line of communication between us and I knew exactly what I was getting. He had no problems sending me progress pics to keep me updated on the build. When the chassis and all the components were ready to ship he was very helpfull in the process of getting everything crated up and shipped from Califronia to Utah. When the chassis arrived it was an absolute work of art! Because he also has the California roadster co. he has more to offer than just chassis components. I recently called him and purchased a 32 grille shell and insert and he wasn't happy with the fit of the ones he had in stock and waited a couple days until another shipment arrived to make sure that he had a good fitting pair. Because he is an alliance vendor he tries to give alliance members the best price he can. I highly reccomend Duane and Kiwi Konnection / California Roadster Co. Next time you are shopping around give Duane a call or send him an email he is great to work with!
    [email protected]
    (661)871-5494

Fairlane500 and kiwijeff like this.
  2. TrueBritt

TrueBritt
    from Utah

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1411140028.439388.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1411140070.688847.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

kiwijeff, Malcolm and Hotrodmyk like this.
  3. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

I try to buy whatever I can from Duane at kiwi/California roadster, he gives a good price and excellent service... And if I notify him in time before a show that he is going to he will bring it along....

So basically that is free shipping and also a better price than I can get anywhere else!

Britt Hazelbush likes this.
  4. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

Beautiful work, I'm actually planning to build a 31 Model A coupe and definitely plan to go the same exact route, im excited!

5. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Duane has shelves stacked with parts ready to ship . Awesome guy to deal with , he has no trouble sourcing any parts you may require. All a big plus when parts or cars are needed to be shipped back to New Zealand.

6. TBONE1964

TBONE1964

I am glad I found this as it is yet another confirmation of Duane's work as well as his work ethic.

I will be calling Duane tomorrow morning to get some details on building a 32 Roaster frame for me.

From what I see and hear, I will not be disappointed.

Take care,
    Tom

7. Les Moran

Les Moran
    from australia

I have been Dealing with Duane Jones for many years , buying hotrod chassis and parts from him , also using him to transport vehicles to the shippers for me . I have nothing but good words to say about him and his service he provides.

8. Yeah I will reiterate what Les said. Great guy to deal with!!

9. Ahotrod.nz

Ahotrod.nz

cool looking build. TrueBritt, what sort of front axle have you got in the pics above ?

10. TBONE1964

TBONE1964

Just wanted to say that I did talk to Duane Jones about a week ago about a 32 frame. Very nice gentlemen and helped me with all of my questions without fail.

I will be sending him a check soon to start on my frame. I am about as gitty as a 14 year old right now. very excited to get the foundation for my Roadster build. To put some icing on that cake, I found a local gentlemen with a 270 (red ram) Hemi for a nice price.

Hope all of you are having a great holiday weekend,
    Tom

TrueBritt likes this.
  11. TrueBritt

TrueBritt
    from Utah

@Ahotrod.nz Sorry for the delayed response but it is a SO-Cal 4" drop.

12. TBONE1964

TBONE1964

Just an update for me. I have ordered my 32 frame from Duane Jones in Bakersfield and sent the check today. Super nice man to talk with and I am excited to be able to get one of his frames. You cannot beat the quality of work for the price.

I suppose that I will be creating a build thread with photos. This is going to take years to finish but that is fine with me.

Take care,
    Tom

13. Duane is a great guy. I had him pinch my rails for me when I started building my '29 roadster.

14. Yep, I got all my bits from Duane. He's a top bloke! Easy to deal with.

15. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

met duane threw the cali hotrod reunion, been to his place, top notch quality! if you need a frame start here! kiwi connection.