Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Rodders Journal Lifetime Subscriptions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RICH B, Sep 29, 2015.

1. desertdroog

desertdroog

Success! Third time was the charm.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. greenon61

greenon61
    from Dayton

Just got mine online

3. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

I just wanted to take a minute to weigh in on this. We do appreciate everyone's support; whether you purchase a single copy every once in a while, are a subscriber or a Lifetime Subscriber. I also understand the concerns that have been raised here. To be honest this is the type of stuff that I spend hours and hours analyzing. If we do this right we give people the opportunity to get a good deal on getting a long-term sub and get some neat merchandise while we make TRJ stronger . If we do this wrong, we mortgage our future by selling too many of these subs at too cheap a price. The total number of the Lifetime Subs that we have made available represents a small, single-digit percentage of our total subscriber base and it is sustainable. We have stayed in business for more than 20 years by keeping an eye on expenses, putting the vast majority of the resources we have into the product itself and by always keeping in mind that the only things we really have to sell are a little bit of quality and hopefully an equal dose of authenticity. 100% of the money we have raised from these subs is being plowed right back into the business. We believe this makes us a stronger company and sets us up for another successful 20 years. There are no guarantees in life, but I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't think it was a prudent way to conduct business. I have a vested interest in the long-term health of the viability of TRJ and I am going to try and not screw this up. We released these final 500 after hearing from so many people that they were disappointed that they missed out on the first offerings. Thanks again for everyone's support. —Steve Coonan

4. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

No, thank you !!

TRJ likes this.
  5. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

I got mine! Never thought I'd ever get that chance. The Rodders Journal is a quality product and I'm happy to support it. Plus get a great deal reading the latest issue sitting in my rocking chair when I'm 80!

TRJ likes this.
  6. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

Thanks Steve! Thumbs up for another great 20 years and beyond!

TRJ likes this.
  7. KFC

KFC
    from UK

I Got in on the first time round. I still haven't received my goody bag, I do understand why. ( I'm in the uk). But I can't help feel like the purchase has been cheapened by the continued release of more memberships, I know it doesn't matter a toss but it was a once in a lifetime offer etc. Plus I want my goody bag

8. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

KFC,

The Lifetime Subscriptions have been shipped to international readers, and some have already arrived. Yours is on its way. Feel free to give us a call at (650) 246-8920 if you have any questions.

Cheers,
    TRJ

9. pitman

pitman

The quality is always top rate. Thanks for your perspective Steve!

TRJ likes this.
  10. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

Just got one from the store. Thought it might be too late.

11. Sold my kid's legos while they were asleep so i could get this. Just ordered it online so they must have a few left...

12. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HOLY CRAP!!!!
    My day totally ran away from me and I completely forgot about this until I opened up the HAMB to have a look at the days happenings. I found this thread and went "DUH!" and when I got to the end and saw that Nailhead Jason got one 20 mins ago, I decided to try my luck and I was able to get one! I am supper stoked right now.
    Thanks Steve

13. Ebert

Ebert

Got mine after being asleep at the wheel with Offering #1! Have EVERY issue from Day One! My prized possesion! Thanks, Steve, for an incredible publication! E

14. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Got mine ,thanks for the alert Rich! And thanks to TRJ for the subscription!

15. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, website just said there was 1 in stock. So I got it, Whew! Outstanding magazine, kudos Steve!

16. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Got mine, I've been a subscriber since issue #1, signed up at York, way back when. Just wish there were more customs featured, of course I'm a custom type of guy!), but the ones that are, are fantastic! Customs really lend themselves to the great photography in the magazine, and stories like the Aztec's history, are great readings.
    AND I'd like to see the Kopper Kart feature we were promised!!!!!!!!!

Sancho likes this.
  17. Curt Six

Curt Six

Hey Mark. Glad you got in on the lifetime deal. We actually just shot the Kopper Kart about a month and a half ago, so it's in the works!
    Curt

18. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

I forgot it, too but just called and they signed me up.
    Any other dummies that still want the lifetime deal?
    Better call them if you do. I didn't ask how many were still available.
    Lucky Al

19. One less now. Told my dad and he got it Too!!

20. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just got mine. Sweet deal.

21. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

Easier to get now that the price went up!!!

22. 32 bowtie

32 bowtie

Got mine yesterday.....I was surprised there were some left. The wife was a little upset, not because of the cost, but because that was an automatic xmas gift every year!!!

23. Kudo's to TRJ for offering a second chance to all the guys that missed out the first time.

Some may question TRJ motives but with all the members here clamoring for a lifetime subscription they missed out on the first go round Steve extended the offer and it appears a lot of members feel like me and believe the magazine will only get better in the future. HRP

24. Rustygt

Rustygt
    from Emeryville

Thanks to the love of my life Merry for "surprizing" me on my birthday three days ago with this gift.
    I 'm jazzed she never ever complains about riding/working on or in the roadster or my decision to sell it and get a 40 pickemuptruck major project.
    Just says enjoy life and here is a gift, " I know you love to read the RJ " Lucky guy am I !!

25. steel3window

steel3window
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My goodie bag and and copy of issue #68 showed up today. Thanks to TRJ for offering an extra chance on lifetime subscriptions!

26. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, I got my swag in the mail for this yesterday. Merry Xmas to me :)
    Very cool tag, t-shirt and stickers.
    I am dying to put these stickers on everything I own, but dont want to waste them. My question to Steve is, are you going to make any more of these stickers available to the lifetime members? if we sell our hot rod and peel the sticker and need a new one for our next ride.

27. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

TRJ, the finest Automotive Periodical available today.
    I have every issue and am looking forward to a lot more!
    Thank you Steve.
    KK