Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods >>>1932 Ford Phaeton: MY New Family Car!!!<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, Jan 1, 2013.

1. There's only one thing I see wrong with your response JJ..........

You're using LOGIC!! What's wrong with you!!!?????;):D

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Haha!!! Uncle Bob thanks!!! Everyone else thinks I'm crazy but I think most of them suffer from Deuce Delusions which hampers their ability to see it as just a pile of steel like any other early ford.

3. Bummer, i was looking forward to watching this one. There aren't many phaeton hot rod builds here here to reference...none that are finished. I just picked up a 29 phaeton body that will be going on deuce rails this summer. It was my answer to wanting an early ford, a roadster and room for more than one passenger. (kids). My wife and 3 year old boy love going to shows, lucky for me. I am planning to address the fair weather aspect with a top and snap in side windows like the gommi car.

Goodluck to ya!

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Oh yeah that's a great idea. I totally was going to copy Gommi's car as well. But here in NC the weather turns so fast I just think I'd keep the top up most of the time which seems kinda pointless. Mel or whoever buys it will get the car up and running for reference much quicker then I would have. So rest assure it's probably better they get it.

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

There she is safe and sound still.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1391553342.743372.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Are those the Seret panels sitting on top of the 3W?

Awesome to hear that the Seret racer went to someone who will truly appreciate it!

7. HAHAHA! He said "Deuce Delusions"!! Funny shit right there!

Wish you would build this because we all know that it would be "right".

BloodyKnuckles

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yeah!! So excited Matt!!! I'd burn the phaeton to have the Seret!! Haha.....not sure where that would come into play but I'm excited about that little racer.

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thanks dude, I'd keep it if I felt like I was gonna use it as much as it deserves to be. But my 54 is more practical for what I want to do with my family and old cars.

However!!! You should stop by and check the Seret out. You'd dig it.

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Just checking in after a last visit a long time ago. Selling the Phaeton body sounds like the right thing to do at this point in time. I did the same with a rough '32 Vicky body years ago,(kids college bills) still feels like the right thing to do. "I used to have" list is getting longer as life goes on. Please let me know what a Seret is. Best wishes, Bob :)

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Hey Bob!! Search Seret Sports Car here on the HAMB. Matt Seret started a mid 50's sports car and I have since taken on the responsibility of finishing it. Will be a little bit before I get to it but I'll be collecting things here and there for it.

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

WOW! How I missed that build thread until now is a real mystery. Fist glance and memories of working on a Healey Silverstone came rushing back, fender shape is somewhat like it. That project will take up a lot of room, better sell off more stuff. Bob :D

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Haha!! But but the wheelbase is only 95" hahaha!!! I know that's gonna be the car that makes me or brakes me in terms of focus and seeing it through. But damn it it DESERVES to be finished. I can't wait to get started on it but I have to tie up loose ends so probably 2016? Maybe start tinkering on it this summer by just putting the buck back together and mocking it up. That should get the juices flowing. Stay tuned!

14. 32 4door

32 4door

15. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

"With a show of hands who here has actually driven a RHD vehicle?"
    I've not only driven both handed vehicles, I have driven both sides in countries of the wrongsidedness...
    Where you sit seems to me to make little difference, except for need for sightly longer line of sight before passing.
    Moving the damn road around, though, makes a difference until you get used to things. Like making a left turn in England, and having to quickly reflect on where you want to end up half way through it. Eventually, you realize that where you want to end up is alive, and other details don't matter.
    Most RHD countries other than England are populated by people who prefer to drive in the middle, anyway, but are perfectly happy to stack up three across the two lane road if the middle lane happens to be full...

daddio211 likes this.
  16. 1932tub

1932tub

Yep I have driven a few

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

Left hand shifting takes some getting used to, so does pilling out to pass someone if you are alone. Bob

18. clem

clem

Every day down here..........haven't driven on the wrong side of the road though.........

19. kiwi88

kiwi88

Yep same. Most days RHD unless I take my 40 coupe out then its LHD on the RHD side of the road. Miles of smiles.