Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Alliance Members - LOOK HERE!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 16, 2015.

?
  1. Keep the traditional Alliance tag

95 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. Screw tradition, let's change it up and go with a new design

243 vote(s)
    71.9%
  1. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

It's been a decade; time for a change. I like the new look, too.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

But we are all in the know, right? Whatever it looks like, we will be able to spot it immediately.
    Like it.

3. frdsuperduty

frdsuperduty
    from Lewes De

screw holes ditto

4. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

.....A non billet....oh excuse me ...brass tag. I'm OK with that and in the 70+ percentile

5. The rivet holes in my fire wall are drilled for the tags you've been sending. Other than that I have no preference, I just like being an alliance member.

6. Sounds like a great idea. If the holes don't line up make em bigger by just a bit so if I have to drill more the tag will cover the old holes. Scooterville, you have all kinds of holes in that Chevy so who are you kidding. More holes in your firewall will just make you more aerodynamic!

7. seatex

seatex

WTF? How about the traditional Alliance tag done in, well, you guessed it...............BRASS?!!?
    I had one of those and fucked up and left it on the '30 when I traded it. Dang!

8. haychrishay

haychrishay

X2

9. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Looks good. I like the old tag but the new one is cool in its own right.

10. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

I'm for changing the design, prefer brass. Also, always wondered why you didn't sell the old, prior year tags at a discount. No Aliance membership, just selling the old tags to the collectors.

11. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

I'm for ALLIANCE MEMBERS being able to buy an additional tag for toolbox/another car etc... but it would be disappointing to see blank tags show up on 'flee-bay auctions' "for profit" not going to ALLIANCE.

12. Ive been an alliance member from the beginning. Ive never mounted one of the tags. I don't even know where they all are, I actually have a couple that haven't even been opened. I joined the alliance because I get so much from the board it seems like the right thing to do. Plus you gotta love the discounts. That being said, I like the new rough draft version more than the current ones ... Id probably get off my lazy ass and drill some holes somewhere for that one =)

2racer and 117harv like this.
  13. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

I'm in for the new style brass one, looks good. Even though I just renewed my membership, can I renew it again to get the new style tag :)

14. I have to agree w/Fuzzy Knight, a highboy, 48 Ford, 51Chevy, etc :cool: or ?? would look better. Brass is a great idea. :cool:
    Whatever new design you decide on will be great & fine with me. :)

15. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

Just to through down again
    The Art is perfect
    Having a real race car in the tag is perfect.

16. snowman

snowman

I am in support of both. Give the option and maybe a little price bump on the new brass design but still allow the option to for the traditional tag. It's a win/win for all parties.

17. VintageConcepts

VintageConcepts

I dont mind new tags at all. But I haven't seen anyone mention custom cars. Timing tags are real cool but it doesn't go with a LOW n SLOW theme. Special sticker for the windshield? Just my 2¢

18. 117harv

117harv

I mentioned them on the first page ^^^^

19. GTS225

GTS225

If I may be so bold, (not being an alliance member), I notice no one's tossed out the idea of a copper tag. I won't go so far as to give input as to tag design, but material differences could make or break a new idea.

Roger

20. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Change is good. Do it.

21. Cusco

Cusco
    from Europe

I'm sorry about my silly question but where can i find one of these or what procedure i will have to follow to get one of those beautiful plates?

Thank you in advance.

:)

22. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

If he decides to pull the trigger, you just have to become an Alliance Member. Well worth the cost.

23. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm good with either-or.I just wish I could get one that wasn't damaged before arrival.I cherish my tag and the envelope.They come in bent or marred every year.Bums me out,but I tell myself its for the good of the hamb....

24. Here's the information. HRP
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?page_id=175

25. chopd top

chopd top
    from Florida
    1. HAMB Relays

Change is good!

26. MRpants

MRpants
    from pea ridge

I'm going to wait to re up. till this is figured out.

27. Tedders

Tedders

Like it, having a chance to change up materials would be cool. You could do some limited time runs to encourage memberships.

28. wsdad

wsdad

1443619284282.jpg

What ever you do, I humbly suggest making sure the red HAMB shield logo with the HAMB letters on it is the biggest and most promenant thing on the tag.

Make it the entire top half of the tag. Or place it inside the grill of the car art (like you did, only bigger, and with the shield, not just the letters.) Or, simply place the exact old tag art on the new square tag.

I think the logo should be able to be seen and recognized in the 1/2 second we have as we pass each other on the street or from across the parking lot, or from the drag strip grandstands or on a Youtube video or from across the parking lot at a car show.

If it's not the most prominent thing on the tag, the entire tag will blend in with all the other dash plaques and stuff. No one will recognize it unless they are standing close to the car, examining tags and plaques. It needs to stand out, like the instantly recognizable, "Moon Eyes" logo does.

1443619284282.jpg

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    Olson, VintageConcepts and Murphy32 like this.
  29. I have intentionally not been a member of "another" car related club/organization for many years. I may be ready to fall off the wagon, we'll see. It's a big step for me, believe me. About the bolt pattern on the tags, if you have the existing one mounted, simply turn it over and stick the new one over top of it (laminating it)??? If you don't have one mounted, its no big deal. I'm willing to trust Ryan with the design, its his gig. Tim

30. I dig the new tag, and now cant stop thinking about a brass tag riveted to the white firewall on my 31 Tudor.....Yes change it up!