Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Accel 59107C HEI distributors.. any good?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobss396, Sep 28, 2015.

1. I'm looking at SBC HEI distributors and see there are a ton of choices out there. I'm trying to keep it simple and reliable. I see the Accel 59107C on evilBay and places like Summit for $129 and less. This comes with the coil on top.

I was looking to get something that is pretty much plug-n-play. Are those add-on blaster type coils worth it? One I saw, also Accel is P/N 8027 for around $50.

This is by no means a race car, but will have a CR or around 9.5 or 10:1, aluminum heads, intake, etc.

Thanks, Bob

2. I have had problems with Accel HEI distributers. That doesn't mean that thee are not good one's but you only remember the bad one, right?

Atwater Mike likes this.
  3. Two shabby

Two shabby

Only had 1 experience with accel coil for gm hei. Ran about as good as a stock coil but didn't last long. Me and bro-in-law pushed my loaded pickup through the toll booth on the jersey turnpike. If you get one, get a spare and keep it in the glovebox.

4. Nothing wrong with the stock Chevy HEIs !!

5. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

6. Thanks Jeff, I will check it out later. I suppose a stock HEI would work pretty well. I'm following some on evilBay as well. I may need a smaller diameter one as mine with be close to the firewall.

7. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ