Register now to get rid of these ads!

Young guy getting into the hobby

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by wizard0ne0, Sep 9, 2015.

1. wizard0ne0

wizard0ne0
    from Denver

Well I am one of the new generations of hot rod guys trying to learn as much as I can from those more experienced. Current old american cars that I own are
    1950 Dodge truck-race truck
    1963 Plymouth valiant-stock

I have been playing with cars for about 3 years now(my single mother upbringing didn't really support the car enthusiasm) But have done a fair bit of work in those 3 years.

The dodge has been the guinea pig, currently runs drives and stops. Has a jaguar front suspension in it, and soon to get IRS as well. Sticking with the flathead motor though. The motor in it is out of a Clark airport tug, and building a motor for it now that is at the machine shop, hoping to have around 160hp or so (bored .060 over, decked the head, custom camshaft, will be making custom intake and exhaust)

The valiant is something I picked up to flip, just haven't had time. Going to clean it up, make it reliable, and give it a paint job. It is low mileage runs drives and stops well.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  2. It would be of benefit to you to read the top post in this page,,written by Ryan,owner of this website,,Then edit your introduction to fit his instructions.

3. wizard0ne0

wizard0ne0
    from Denver

Read his post and edited. Got rid of the newer and non-american cars

4. wizard0ne0

wizard0ne0
    from Denver

5. Looks good to me but I didn't see the original. Welcome from Durango Colorado.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. Looks like you're in! :D....Welcome.

7. wizard0ne0

wizard0ne0
    from Denver

I had listed all of my cars, which were too new and too un-american. Though one of them is parts for the dodge.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. Well and good,however,an Introduction is normally about ones self...like your name and City where you live.
    Like the title of this forum page says 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF"

9. wizard0ne0

wizard0ne0
    from Denver

Fair enough, thought the cars were more interesting than me though lol, name is Kevin, and I am the team captain of Grumpy Cat Racing in the 24 hours of LeMons. Live in Conifer but work in Denver/Commerce City at a small resto shop for old A body mopars.

10. raymay

raymay

Welcome, glad to have more young blood join.

11. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Welcome from the Springs

12. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Welcome from Detroit

13. Hey, welcome from Kansas City (forget the fancy suspension tricks) thumbs up on the flathead