Register now to get rid of these ads!

polishin some terds in NE PA

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 1piece@atime, Jun 7, 2010.

1. 1piece@atime

1piece@atime

Hey all! I got to talkin with this guy at the spring Carlisle swap about my 34 Chevy and a double dip front end I just picked up (he was sellin an old Mopar? grille shell). Anyway, he's real cool guy and told me all about the HAMB and the Jalopy Showdown. Well, I took the wife to the Showdown and had the best time of my life!!! No really...I didnt want to leave...EVER! Met some great people and they all wanted to know if I was on here...now I am. I really wish I was better with names cause I'd like to say hello to you guys. So here's a bit about me. If any of this rings a bell for ya shoot me a "hey". I'm livin in northeastern PA with my wife and stepson and we are all nuts for anything with an engine in it. I've got a 34 Chevy pu that I'm just gettin started on...in fact if anybody has suggestions for replacing the wood with steel that would be much appreciated! I also have a 40 DeSoto coupe (waiting its turn in the garage) and a HD softail. The wife has a 49 Plymouth wagon and a HD sporty. My boy has a 50 Ford sled, 49 F1 pu (underslung front w/500 cad power) and a hardtail sporty. I'm hopin to hear from some of you folks and make some new friends.

2. smiffy6four

smiffy6four

Welcome aboard! :)

I gotta report you to the spelling police. Terds it ain't. Turds it is.;)

3. Welcome! to the H.A.M.B. from Arkansas City, KS.
    firstnomad

4. welcome from hatboro pa

5. skidsteer

skidsteer

Sounds like you have enough to start your own car club! Welcome from the NePa neighborhood.

6. peter johnson

peter johnson

Hey mate from Oz!, igot a 34 chev pickup too!Welcome

7. weathrmn

weathrmn

Hello from Langhorne Pa.

8. 1piece@atime

1piece@atime

Hey all!!! Well, 5 years since my last post and sooooo much has changed and yet sooo much hasn't (unfortunately). After a miserable divorce I have picked up the pieces and built a damn respectable life for myself. With the help of an amazing new woman in my life I now hope to finally build a respectable rod. The Desoto coupe was sold to a really cool local dude with some awesome plans for the car (and the skills to make them happen)....salute to ya Todd! However, the 49 Plymouth Suburban is now all mine and 70% together! The 34 Chevy has gathered almost all the parts needed to build and, I am currently waiting for my shed to be delivered so the 34 build can begin (always seem to have too many toys for my toy box). In the meantime, if anyone can help with info on Jag rears or hairpin/elip/disc brake setup on a double dip front axle, I would greatly appreciate it.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Pictures please!

10. Welcome back (just so you know, it's really hard to polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter and get some great results)