Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1929 Ford RPU What rear fenders do I have?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stan65, Sep 25, 2015.

1. stan65

stan65
    from Toledo, IL

I Bought a steel Drivers Side Rear Fender off eBay and a Passenger Rear Fender from Brookville. The Unknown make eBay drivers side is 1" wider than the Brookville passenger side rear fender. I mocked up my chassis, rear end, and wheel / tire combo using the drivers side before I knew there was a difference, now the passenger tire doesn't clear the fender.

Does anybody know the, or a source for a 12" wide steel drivers side rear fender?
    I believe 11" is stock.

Thanks,
    Stan

2. stan65

stan65
    from Toledo, IL

3. How do they fit the splash aprons and running boards? I have two Brookville fenders on my RPU, and they are a perfect match for stock 28/29's. The correct width for 28/29 coupe, roadster and RPU is 11". Your Ebay fender is probably 30/31. That's why I asked how it fits the apron and board.

4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

bingo

kidcampbell71 likes this.

5. stan65

stan65
    from Toledo, IL

Thanks for the replies!

The "notch" for the aprons are the same on both fenders. The drivers side fender only has 3 slotted holes where it bolts to the bed punched. There are no holes in the flange that attaches to the apron or where the rear brace attaches. I can get pics of the notch if needed.

Also if 31 fenders are 12" I think it would be easier to modify the notch than widen the entire fender. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
    Stan

6. Obviously you don't want to make the rear end fit the correct fenders. Get a right side that matches the left, and make 'em work. Seems to me the reveal on the fender is going to stick out wider than the reveal on the board. That wouldn't work for me, but it's not my car. What ever works for you. Our work here is done.