Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage No pics?? GG Bowling Green or The Rumble ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B.A.KING, Sep 22, 2015.

1. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Its Tuesday. No pics of Good-Guys in Bowling Green or the Red Neck Rumble ??? Whats up?
    Anybody?????

2. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

I'll be posting some from Bowling Green soon Joe

3. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1442954748.862971.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1442954768.254752.jpg

Myself and Tyler at BG GoodGuys

wex65 likes this.
  4. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015

5. Gman0046

Gman0046

Went to GG Bowling Green, Ky pretty poor turn out. Only went on Saturday and was registration # 954. Swap meet a bad joke. Absolute junk and very little junk at that. You could have walked through it in less then 5 minutes. The whole event was no comparison to the Hot Rod Reunion which was at the same venue. Didn't bring a camera and didn't buy a GG $26 T shirt. This is one event I won't return to.

Gary

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

we like looking at pics from poor turn out shows too

49ratfink likes this.
  7. primed34

primed34

The All American deal turned my friends and me off. We thought about going Saturday to watch the racing, but decided it wasn't worth the trouble. We always go to the Nashville GG, but don't go back on Sunday. Just not in to the new cars.

8. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

It was the first year of a new show!!
    The reunion in BG has been going on for 13 years....... think the first one was a packed house?? WTF... ever think what the spewing of negativity about an event does to hurt its growth?? What did you bring to contribute to the event....other than a piss poor attitude?

There was quite a fair amount of nostalgia drag cars and racing going on all 3 days......that can be watched from a covered grandstand ....as well as a grass field full of hotrods............... and the autocross
    We hauled 2 race cars 10 hrs one way to be there.........
    We had a great time with family and friends...... thrashed on racecars........laughed and carried on.....and cant wait to do it again............
    An event is what you make of it............

wex65 and 3wLarry like this.
  9. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

I do not know what he took but he stated that he was registered as number 954 - talk about spewing negativity

10. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

11. Its possible a lot of guys had been to Pigeon Forge the weekend before and just weren't up to it. Tim

12. slammed

slammed

The RUMBLERS is one coverage I am looking forward to each year. Used to have many many threads of the that type of show. But the place has changed to a more PC place. And as far as negative feedback on the GG's deal, it is fair to have BOTH feedback rather than cheerleader & pompoms on a one way street.

3wLarry likes this.
  13. dweb7321

dweb7321
    from kentucky
    1. A-D Truckers

Just posted a few GG pics in event coverage

14. rooman

rooman

Check out these pix and tell me that there were not some cool cars there. I agree with Goat Roper that it was OK for what essentially was a first time event (the last one was in 2007 when the NHRR went to Columbus). The racing was great and the weather was just about perfect.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...en-ky-now-with-pictures.991373/#post-11174224

Roo

15. Gman0046

Gman0046

First of all it was NOT a first time event. GG has been at Beech Bend before. Despite all the cheerleading, GG can't hold a candle to the NHRA Hot Rod Reunion. I knew something was wrong when you could still get a hotel room at the host hotel the day before the event. During the HRR you can't get a room in all of Bowling Green.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  16. rooman

rooman

That is the NHRA Hot Rod Reunion and I noted that Goodguys had been there before in my comments. Sorry that you did not have a good time--we did!

Roo

17. primed34

primed34

My complaint was letting in new cars. Where is the nostalgia in a 2015 Mustang? I knew there would be some nice cars there. Some of the cars in the pictures belong to friends of mine. At the end of the day it's my dime and I choose to spend it somewhere else.

18. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Just wanted to see pics of both show.. I usually go to both, but work and a sick wife held me back this year. Everyone is entitled to their on opinion , I Guess.When i go to car shows ,and I've been going for about 40 yrs now, I usually have a pretty good time.Maybe a little more at some, maybe a little less.Most of my fun is the journey anyway.But it still beats a day at work. Lets not get in a pissin match here folks, just post the pics,please . there is always next year!!

19. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

And still no pics from the rumble??????

20. slammed

slammed

Yep, the new HAMB has cast aside the old time favs w/100's of posts each day. Remember one year there was back patch pix of a HA MC even. Every year something will block ($!$) me from driving out to it w/the '61. I think Nads flew up to it this year. Peace & Chicken Grease! See this one? http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/16th-cheaterama-show.988288/

21. I think slammed should just post a lot of pics of his many varied avatars.....:)

22. CWTC10

CWTC10
    from Arab Al

Bruce there wasn't a whole lot to take pictures of. I say next year will be even worse. I for one am done. Last year started it and this year sealed it. Between the prices and the asshole "security" slappys he had its not worth it anymore. Its all about the money but when someone pays treat them like they just paid you a million dollars not like they are stealing from you.

23. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

had heard it would probably be in trouble after last year.I knew the prices got jacked up. can't piss off the folks who spend the money.

24. CWTC10

CWTC10
    from Arab Al

Here is the few I took.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. the-rodster

the-rodster