Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 Roadster Body - a new approach. AKA Beetledeuce

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by english gent, Sep 30, 2014.

1. DRD57

DRD57

That's about a foot short of a 32 Ford.

2. One of the best build threads ever, excellent work!!!

kidcampbell71 and english gent like this.
  3. Hey DRD57,
    So, British Fords were always about 7/8 scale!
    Did they ever use a V/8-60?

english gent likes this.
  4. The model Y's were all 8hp fours, they then went to 10hp till the mid 50's. The Ford Pilot had a side valve V8, basically a 37 221 motor . JW

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  5. WTF? Over?

Atwater Mike likes this.
  6. Way to go Englishgent! You are quite talented. Good luck with this cool creation. And what do you think folks said to the first guy who said "hey I'm gonna build a car for the flats out of a airplane fuel tank" ?? Build away my friend! SUBSCRIBED

7. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You turned a bug in to a 32............Holy Schmoly!
    If you have the talent...Why Not!
    Very Impressive Work Dude!!!!!!
    Next Project..? A Volvo in to fifty five Chevy?

clem and volvobrynk like this.
  8. Hey gent,
    You are getting a whole new round of followers.
    Did you ever think you would generate so much interest!
    Keep it up as long as you can.
    You are an inspiration to many!

9. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

It would take too many Volvos to make a '55 Chevy but he could do it with a Bentley.:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. english gent

english gent
    from England

Maybe not a Chevy but I do think there is scope to build a 5W ford using the same technique.

11. english gent

english gent
    from England

I've been shocked by the reaction and the following from the start. Guess I just struck a chord with quite a few people.;)

12. volvobrynk will go crazy!!!!!!!!!!

13. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I bet most people were like me about this thread. When I saw the first post from EG I thought to myself "Oh, God, this is going to be a mess" But then, as it unfolded, it became apparent that you knew how to work metal and had a good eye. The thing actually started looking Deuce-ish and your workmanship was amazing.

For a forum as strict as the HAMB to accept something that is so far outside the box , that tells you something. This has been an interesting thread and I hope it continues to completion. It would be a horrible mistake for you to not finish this car, even if you have to set it aside for a while and then get back on it later.

Don

14. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I am amazed at your vision and ability to make the unthinkable actually happen and I'm guessing I'm not the only guy on here that just appreciates watching someone pull off an undertaking such as this. I agree, it would be a shame to not be able to complete this, even if it has to wait for awhile to be able to have the place where it can get done.

15. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

According too my wife, is that ship long sailed. LOL

I would love to see an Amazon 122S chopped and hard topped? With a early Vw head ligths, and a shoebox grill mounted like a 50 stude. And some slick rear ligths, like 57/58 corvette.
    But I know I'm crazy.

But the only thing I love too see more from this guy, is frame and suspension under that piece of art. And a weird motor choice under a hood top, behind a 32'ish grill.
    Maybe a zephyr straight six with some nice induction and lake style headers.
    Or a Rover 4.9 with Weber IDFs and dresses the part.

Johnboy34, patmanta and Tony Martino like this.
  16. Tyresmoke

Tyresmoke
    from Norfork

Reconsider your decision and keep building

volvobrynk and cptn60 like this.
  17. english gent

english gent
    from England

I needed to move Beetledeuce from one area to another, which meant a part disassembly.

It was reassuring to see all the proportions still looked good from different angles.

20150926_124149.jpg 20150926_124219.jpg 20150928_134933.jpg 20150928_142826.jpg

18. Hop2it

Hop2it

Studebakermatt likes this.
  19. I sure wanted to see this finished but the last time he posted was back on October 9,2015. HRP

20. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

It is hard to tell the proportions- overall size. It appears to be on the small side. Maybe perfect for early English Ford running gear and a V8 60. I sure hope he still has it and will finish it.

21. Robert Crosse

Robert Crosse
    from WNY

Yep...hope all's well.

Bob

volvobrynk and 54reno like this.
  22. racer_dave

racer_dave

just read the whole thread. Just an incredible amount of love and work in this project. I'm subscribing, but I fear that this may end up unfulfilled... Hope I'm wrong and English Gent gets a chance to finish it up.

23. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Best looking VW I have ever seen, love your work. Can't wait till it's finished ,

volvobrynk likes this.
  24. lucky ink

lucky ink

Someday 70 80 years from now old men will be sitting around arguing what kind of body this is LOL.

25. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

26. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

BuggottA:D

"Holy twisted metal-shapes Batman :rolleyes:"​

tb33anda3rd, volvobrynk and 49ratfink like this.
  27. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1454788937.029419.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1454789059.351896.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1454789106.984378.jpg

With a good creativity and craftmanship it's possible to make a Volvo look era perfect and cool. (As they was design after a lot of different US made cars)
    Way cooler then a bug!! ;-)

The Beatle deuce is the best example I ever saw of hot rod thinking applied. And I almost forgot how much this build means to me.

Keep at it, lad! It makes me so happy to see the English gent back on the HAMB.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  28. Maybe someday we'll get an update. Earth to English Gent..................................