Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1937 Dodge Pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Rezerend, May 21, 2013.

1. The Rezerend

The Rezerend
    from MT

Thanks Poor Boy, The front frame horns look quite a bit different from mine (mine are fully boxed and come to more of a point with little bolt boss for the bumper) as well with the extra bracket behind the front crossmember (mine just has the engine mounts behind the crossmemeber). Maybe difference between plymouth and dodge?????? Anyways everything else look pretty similar to mine. Plan to make some more headway this weekend.

2. nhmikel

nhmikel
    from NH

I have an extra grill shell in good shape
    pm if your interested

3. bbbbbb9

bbbbbb9
    from Tucson

If the price is right, I'll buy the spring mounts, the shocks and rods and shock mounts.

4. Not to piss anyone off or poopoo your project, but I have a thought you may consider...get the TITLE stuff squared away BEFORE going any farther on the truck. I would hate to see you pour your heart, soul and cash into something that you really have no proof of ownership on. I have seen that happen where the "real" owner comes across their re-done vehicle after some guy fixes it up and they reclaim it.

Toms Dogs likes this.
  5. dinokruzordinance

dinokruzordinance

I agree on getting it titled. A local guy did an OT vdub he git off an abandon vehicle farmers property deal. And posted his restoration with a performance engine on facebook. The weekend he was to set the engine he didnt. Fortunately. The following monday the PO showed up witj sheriff and a roll back for his now hot rodded rig.

Fyi

6. JerryLee

JerryLee

I agree on '37-'38. Just curious, did Mopar make a PU in '36?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. Jen......

Jen......

yes I have one here

Jen

8. The Rezerend

The Rezerend
    from MT

Nope those won't be for sale I'm keeping all that stuff around in the case that I want to return it back to a parallel leaf. The shocks are shot anyways.

As it relates to the title that is a very good idea. Here in MT its usually not too tough to get one but better to have a hang up now before too much gets done. Thanks, maybe that will be the next battle before I go too much farther.

9. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

If you are going to drop the cab over the frame, I would be interested in the front cab mounts. Nice truck, and good luck.

10. The Rezerend

The Rezerend
    from MT

Long time since any updates and its been slow going, work and family sometimes gets the priority. Getting closer to getting a title though so it'll be full steam ahead once thats in my hands.

11. The Rezerend

The Rezerend
    from MT

Still no title but working on getting the bill of sale. Just a thought for those out there that dislike the transverse spring on the dodge. What about flipping the axle on top of the springs, pulling out a couple leaves, and maybe flipping a leaf to the top side. Any ideas, warnings, or other? I think this will give me the height that I'm looking for but not sure on the strength or feasability of this on these old I beams.

12. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

I put a hemi in mine, that lowered the front 2"! Removed two leaves from each back stack, it rides much better now.

13. hope that the paperwork works out ....

it can be tough sometimes ....

14. Westco48

Westco48

Cool truck...do you happen to know how wide the frame is right about where the engine sets?

15. nhmikel

nhmikel
    from NH

16. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

17. jonrbrt

jonrbrt
    from Indiana

18. jonrbrt

jonrbrt
    from Indiana

19. jonrbrt

jonrbrt
    from Indiana

Here is detail for serial number you provided:
    Serial Number
    Year 1937
    Make Dodge
    Model MC
    Engine 218.06 Flathead Six
    Wheelbase 116
    Rating 1/2 Ton
    Engineering Code T38A
    Plant Hamtramck, Michigan
    Build Number 23055

20. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

Would you happen to have any photos of the parts used to mount the fuel tank in the frame? Thanks. John

21. 73RR

73RR

...you did notice that the thread is more than 9 years old.....didn't you?

Toms Dogs likes this.