Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage A really stupid trip

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by squirrel, Sep 9, 2015.

1. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Congrats on a great week,thanks for bringing so many of us along. Awesome.

2. squirrel

squirrel

great to meet you too Steve! Thanks again and again for bailing me out on the blower. And for the short ride in your car, it's totally bitchin

We made it home! doggy.jpg

time to unload the car, find some grub, and spend some time being domestic :)

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Nothing like being met at the door by the family dog! They are always so happy to see you.

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. Rckt98

Rckt98

I have followed this thread from the start. What an awesome adventure.

5. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Glad you got home without any huge issues ... You were obviously prepared but with a trip like that anything can happen , but that's what makes it such an adventure and makes you feel alive!

You and your son got to experiance your own" two lane black top"!

Thanks for having the balls to do it and for bringing all of us along... Who knew we'd all fit in that little nova?

6. steve did you get the ground wire fixed yet? i triple dog dare you to tell the story. you know the one. you can't get out of a triple dog dare you know that right? have you heard from the guy who received the package? I'm glad you are planning to join our fun group next year. congrats on bringing it home jim.

squirrel likes this.
  7. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Congrats on a successful journey! The whole story is great, it really shows that a properly built car can be the best of both worlds. Change out the rear gears on the fly ? nah, no big deal. lol
    So many times over the years I've heard, "you can't do this, you can't do that, blah blah blah" and always felt that the statements were made by people who either didn't know what they were talking about or didn't have the belief in themselves to "make it happen". I proved a few of them wrong years ago and it makes me grin when people like yourself continue to "make it happen".
    Whats next, a trip to the NHRA drag strip on Maui?

falcongeorge likes this.
  8. don't forget its sometimes the lack of owning a pair. this life you have is not a dress rehearsal. so go for it.

flatheadpete and OahuEli like this.
  9. Much respect!

racer-x likes this.
  10. Kudos to you!!!

A great story that will live in annals of time as an exercise to realize your potential in an everly harsh world!

Congratulations on your win, but more so on your drive and tenacity through the hardships that make an already wondrous adventure all the more satisfying.

Thank you for taking us with you and proving that anything can be done with enough desire and "intestinal fortitude"!!!

All hail the champion!!! :D

Bad Banana and racer-x like this.
  11. ...great ending to a cool story,...I've been telling every gearhead I know about you guy's trip.

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Just one more congrats, this deserves another bump. Thanks for the ride!:D

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

The deal with those guys is, they know THEY cant do it, and they figure that if THEY cant, NO ONE can...;):rolleyes:

14. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Quite a feat, you and your son have had an experience together that most of us only dream about, and any thing more that could be said would only be more praise..
    This is what hot rodding is all about.

volvobrynk likes this.
  15. slowmotion

slowmotion

One for the books. Epic adventure. Only thing better, had a documentary crew been along to record it for the ages. It'd make a helluva gearhead special for the tube.
    Congrats Jim & son, this is stuff that will be spoke of in lore for years. And you did it!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    volvobrynk likes this.
  16. pitman

pitman

Not a bad ideer there Racemaster!

volvobrynk likes this.
  17. pumpman

pumpman

Glad to hear you guys are home safe and sound. Thanks for the adventure even though it was from my barco lounger.

18. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

What a great adventure Jim, memories with your son that are priceless.......We are proud of the job you did!

Way to represent our group and win with 50 year old technology

19. lowtruck

lowtruck
    from Omaha

Wow, that was awesome. Congrats.

20. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

enjoyed following along on your trip.

21. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

"Rod & Custom" had several articles, over the years about people driving hot rods, customs, and/or street freaks, across country, but just to get from point A to point B, but to run the car on the track as a performance vehicle turning in very respectable times is a feat in itself. Well done.

22. squirrel

squirrel

thanks everyone! It didn't seem like such a big deal to us, you just get in a car and drive it....right? :)

I'm working on a write up of the whole trip, hopefully I'll have that done today. with about 80 pictures and more narrative.

AHotRod, charleyw, volvobrynk and 4 others like this.
  23. Great stuff, Thanks for the ride Jim. :)

24. WOW! More pics and a write up? That is the icing on the cake. Thanks for all you have done on the HAMB, and for the best ride this summer. Once more, CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOUR SON!

pitman and volvobrynk like this.
  25. 396_425

396_425
    from Clovis, NM

"Vanishing Point" has nothing on you and your son; I can just see the gambling bets before you started .....will he make it or not. Congrats on the ride!

volvobrynk likes this.
  26. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

You are my Hero,,, Many years from now your son will re live this trip,A memory that cannot be replaced, Well Done Sir !!!!

falcongeorge and volvobrynk like this.
  27. ..just curious, does Steve have an old car?

28. 1949 caddyman

1949 caddyman
    from arizona

Great road trip! Can't wait for more story.

29. squirrel

squirrel

He has an older Camaro, but hasn't done a lot with it. Lately he's been racing his little ferrin car.

30. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well Done!