Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1958 Chevy Golden Jubilee

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JesseOdomTattooer, Nov 7, 2014.

1. JesseOdomTattooer

JesseOdomTattooer
    from Plano

I own an Apache fleetside with this "special" paint scheme. But I have no idea of how the interior would have looked coming from the factory. Let's see some photos if you got them.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Hey! Post up some pics and give some details about your truck. I have one of these trucks. In 1964 my dad bought it from our neighbor, who was the original owner. My truck needs restoration but it has never been touched so if you have questions about what was original, I have good example to work from. Keep in touch about this. There aren't a whole lot of examples of these trucks so I am interested in what you have. I can't run out and snap photos right now but I will try to in the next few days if I can.

Mine is a long-bed 3200 with the deluxe cab (big rear window, stainless trim around all the windows and on the cab). Strangely, mine was built with a 6-cylinder and a 3-spd manual. For such a special truck, one would expect a 283 and a Hydramatic or something. :)

For now, I can tell you a few details that make it different from a standard truck:
    1. The interior is painted with the same colors as the exterior. Anniversary Gold and ivory.
    2. The top of the dash on regular trucks was painted a flat charcoal color. On these trucks it is painted gold (it does appear to be flattened paint) and the face of the dash is ivory. I can take pics to show the various areas where the two tone colors break on the interior if you need them.
    3. The floor mat, headliner and headliner trim were not the standard black. They are a goldish-brown color.
    4. My seat was recovered sometime before my dad bought it, but I believe the original upholstery is underneath and if I'm not mistaken, it is a off-white/ivory colored vinyl.
    5. The cardboard inserts in the door panels were also covered in an off-white/ivory colored vinyl. I will need to double-check this because mine were recovered in the early 60s but, like the seat, I believe the original upholstery is underneath.
    6. On the ID plate the paint code should be stamped "SPEC" as this was not a standard color combo.
    7. Years ago someone told me that only one of these trucks was shipped to each of the larger Chevy dealers in honor of GMs Golden Jubilee. I don't know if that is true though.

3. squirrel

squirrel

I'm not surprised by the drivetrain. I had a 59 long bed fleetside with the deluxe trim, but a small back window, two tone paint, 6 cyl 3 speed, but it had the posi diff option, and a heater, radio, and spotlight (the last three were probably dealer options/accessories).

4. JesseOdomTattooer

JesseOdomTattooer
    from Plano

My 58 is all original except for the bench, which has been swapped to a high back split bench in the gold fabric to match the paint. On my ID plate it's stamped "special". Door cards are gold, over ivory.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. JesseOdomTattooer

JesseOdomTattooer
    from Plano

So here's a few photos of what I got going

Attached Files:

oldcars.acadia and kiwijeff like this.
  6. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

I have no idea what original was, but that is one nice truck. Too bad someone put an after market seat in. There was a thread a while back that a guy had one of those seats done by someone. I don't remember who .The one that was referenced above could be replicated , if you were closer I'd be happy to do it. Good luck , Jack

7. That's a nice truck.

8. JesseOdomTattooer

JesseOdomTattooer
    from Plano

The paint has been freshened up, but has been garage kept by the original owner for the last 20 years. Since this photo I've added beauty rings, 3 inch dropped axle and a static drop in the rear by removing every other leaf.

9. JesseOdomTattooer

JesseOdomTattooer
    from Plano

Hard to tell that it's a bit lower in this shot.

Attached Files:

10. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

That is a beautiful truck, I love it and would certainly try to get a replacement original style seat to replace the current seat. ;)

11. That truck is obviously black and blue ! :)

12. Tobywan

Tobywan

1958 Cameo seat 1.jpg 1958 Cameo seat 1.jpg This came out of a 58 Anniversary, notice the upper area is different than the earlier Cameos. The 58 Anniversary's special order trucks had the same Cameo interior as