Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Resizing pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jimmy2car, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Jimmy2car

Jimmy2car
    from No. Cal

I'm so friggin frustrated with not being able to post pics to my ad for my 39 Ford
    I'm going to try to resize them in an effort to get them to load.
    HOW do I do that?
    Thanks
    Jim

Also, how do I bump the ad up?

2. If you are on a windows computer and don't have something like photoshop or paint shop pro open them with paint ( a standard windows photo editor) look at the tool bar at the top and choose resize. You will probably default to inches choose pixels and then resize your width to 600 the height will automatically resize to stay in proportion.

400x600 is a common pixel size that most sites will accept.

Now in the drop down choose save as, it will give you the option of jpeg choose that and save the picture as whatever you want to call it where ever you want it to be saved. Now you have a resized copy of your original and your original.

55Caddy62 likes this.
  3. It would help to know what computer and software you are using. Can you save them within your software at a lower resolution? Lacking that can you email them to yourself and specify their size when you send the email? Can you take another picture with the camera set at the lowest resolution (just be sure to set the resolution back to high after you take the picture or all of your future pictures will be low resolution)?

Charlie Stephens

4. The beaner is absolutely correct. Windows "Paint" does a great job quickly resizing photos. :D

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

just posted on your other thread on this - what system using, Windows or Apple? where are your pics stored? 640/480 is a standard size to use. I use Windows/This PC/Pictures for mine. have had trouble posting pics here - after getting error message I click on Restart for computer, then transfer/posting works.