Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Drag Week 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by squirrel, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Everyone i talked to enjoyed the lunch. I had only four sanwiches left. Bob thanks for helping out sponsoring the lunch. In the staging lanes now.

loudbang likes this.
  2. We all made it back to st.louis. another long day of driving. Everyones car is running great. Squirel drove his in from arizona. I drove mine in from wisconsin. i think i will follow rt 66 back. That should be fun.

3. 62hotcat

62hotcat

Good luck to you both. Fortunately i have a job where ive watched the first four days. Today i have meetings and will have to watch the replay.

4. squirrel

squirrel

nice relaxing morning today. racing starts at 2:30.

If you're in the ST Louis area, stop by and say hi. gateway opens the gates around 11 am today.

still looking for an old 1960s GM speedo, so I can fix my odometer for the trip home. I like to keep track of how far I went.

5. Squirell won his class. How cool is that. Some said it couldnt be done. I mean what could possible happen driving a blown big block altered wheel base nova 3500 miles while racing it for five days straight.

62hotcat, David Gersic and Turnipseed like this.
  6. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Magnificent!

7. Stuwillys

Stuwillys

8. belair

belair

You mean my distributor won its class. Congrats Squirrel.

9. t-rod

t-rod

10. We are all wiped out. Its been hot all day. So glad its finally over and cant wait for next year. The most competitive events bring out the most competitive people. When i get back home im going to start a rebuilding after the crash thread. Follow along as i rebuild the chrysler coupe. We have been working on a dual fuel system so i can run a load of nitro on drag week. I just cant do the turbo thing. Regular hamber tricky steve and his girlfriend want to join us next year. Lets all encourage him to participate. Fun stuff.

11. I left the track around 10pm. I got home around 3:30am or so. To problems at all. We stayed awake talking about the dual fuel system.i think im going to leave the paint on the engine that was put on for sealed engine verification just for the story behind it. Also going to leave the passed impound sticked on the window drag week 2015.

62hotcat likes this.
  12. 20150918_185012.jpg you get this badge of honor if you pass the test

62hotcat and loudbang like this.
  13. squirrel

squirrel

we're half way home....

14. t-rod

t-rod

Safe travels. Are you doing Drag Weekend next month?

15. squirrel

squirrel

I signed up for it

16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

racer X, feel free to pm me some pics of your Chevelle. I'd like to have a few. Thanks.

17. t-rod

t-rod

Good luck! If they do it next year in the same general area, I'll sign up.

18. jimmy1931

jimmy1931

Congrats on your win Jim. You definitely worked for it. Well deserved.

19. The tech takes awhile. Im now on the pit side of the wall. The line behind me goes a ways back then curves onto the track and around turn 3-4. 20150913_085439.jpg

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  20. Im in impound. The pink mustang ran 7.5 all week. The guys were from michigan 20150918_184947.jpg

21. Along the way you have to stop at places along the prescribed route and take pics of your car. Here jim and i are just outside cordova at a pawn shop. We got out of there just before the rain 20150917_115608.jpg

22. 20150915_101618.jpg 20150915_101618.jpg In line waiting to make a pass in st.louis. the action started later on day five. I took the car off the grounds a few times. I took it on the hiway in front of the track for some unsanctioned accelleration trials to dial in the carb better along with some timing changes. Before i left from home i put on a new sfi balancer. Turns out it was a full 20 degrees off. 40 degrees was really 60 on the balancer. i suck a screw driver in number one and turned over the engine until i felt tdc.

loudbang, Speedys Garage and squirrel like this.
  23. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

I ran Drag week this year in my Hemi powered 67 GTX, since my 31 Coupe still isn't done. I had the pleasure of getting acquainted with RacerX, Tricky Steve, and I already knew Squirrel from previous Drag Weeks and Bonneville. You guys have the coolest cars and great attitudes.
    RacerX and Steve helped find me a new voltage regulator when mine crapped out, and Tricky Steve even drove 30 mile to the parts store to pick it up and brought it back to me. I owe you a huge thank you!

loudbang and Finn Jensen like this.
  24. squirrel

squirrel

he's a great guy! and he threatened to go on Drag Week next year...which would be fantastic

I really loved the GTX, and the fact that you used it like just another fun car. And I got a kick out of being able to touch a real genuine mid 60s street hemi!

Finn Jensen likes this.
  25. careful jim its a slippery slope once you touch a hemi. yah i would have to say we have a good group thats willing to help out the other guy without attitudes and drama. just car guys having fun.

26. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

This would make a much better TV show than that street outlaw crap that they have now.

27. ^^^^I agree!!!